Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Police and fire federal credit union credit card approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Police and fire federal credit union credit card approval

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else, i started filling out the card application online but never hit the submit button. I started having second thoughts so i hit the save and finish later button.
The next morning i get a call that my application was approved for $7,500 cl while never formally submitting my application? I just have to fax 2 recent paystubs.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Police and fire federal credit union credit card approval

Wow that's crazy. Did you get a hp?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
Wow that's crazy. Did you get a hp?

Same thing can happen at NFCU as my g/f found out.  Started an application for personal loan and saved it without hitting submit.  Was hit with HP and a request for income verification the next day.  She was going to fight them on the HP because she decided against the loan but in the end just let it go.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a matter of fact, something similar did happen to me.  I visited BofA's site multiple times, and filled out the application twice but didn't submit it.  I finally went and filled it out a third time but submitted it.  I was denied, so I called and they told me they saw three applications on file from me in one day.

I would guess that as soon as the information is typed in, they are already creating a file in their system for you so they can actually advertise the "Decision in 60 seconds" thing.  Or there's something nefarious behind it.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No hard pull showed up yet, i did a car refi with them months ago and only a soft pull.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.