Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll: Experian Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Poll: Experian Scores

I was using the score I have at free credit report, then I signed up with true credit for the 3 bureau credit score only to see that I'm not at 718 as EXP shows, but 665 true credit.

02/12/2009 - 665 EXP-665 TU-643 EQ

Message 21 of 38
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Got mine today, and glad to see the increase from two weeks ago. I am going to get the others in a month.

I have a suggestion.

Check your Experian data very carefully. If any balances or other reporting data is going to change soon, I would pull Equifax and TU FICOs before that data changes on EQ or TU. You will then have a final relative ranking order of your three different FICO scores.

Here is an example of how it worked with my scores. I know that Experian is my highest score. All I have to do is check my next highest score regularly which happens to be Equifax. I can occasionally check my TU FICO score and pretty much know within 5-8 points what my Experian score should be.

Equifax Score Watch is pretty much all I need, along with my annual free credit reports from TU and Experian. . One can purchase the same Score Watch service (using Equifax reports) right here at MyFICO.com.

Message 22 of 38
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was using the score I have at free credit report, then I signed up with true credit for the 3 bureau credit score only to see that I'm not at 718 as EXP shows, but 665 true credit.

02/12/2009 - 665 EXP-665 TU-643 EQ

Those are both FAKO scores not FICO. If you want your true FICO  for EX you need to pull it by tomorrow as it is the last day you'll be able to purchase it through myfico.com. FAKO scores vary widely as you can see by the reports you received from free credit report and true credit. These are not the scores lenders use, only FICO scores are used by lenders. You may be pleasantly suprised to find your actual FICO scores are higher or even more disappointed to see that they are lower. 

FAKO scores are worthless!

Message 23 of 38
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

I pulled EX & TU today (pulled EQ last month). I wasn't going to but I just needed to know they were still my middle score so that when I track my other scores I'll have a fairy accurate guess as to my EX score.  

I would have been kicking myself if I hadn't bit the bullet.

Message 24 of 38
laz98
Senior Contributor

count me in Smiley Happy
Message 25 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my 3 reports online here at myfico... Works well

Myfreecredit report. com scores= 716...lol

My actual MYFICO SCORES

TU 690

EQ 672

EX  683

I got the $43 deal. I thought it was a one time fee and I got it for the year. Called them and said it was viewable for about a month. Oh well, I now know my scores and reports. 

Message 26 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never seen my Experian score so far. Now I have a few hours left to decide whether I should get the score today or die ignorant of how my score was on 02/13/2009.

Decisions, decisions...

Message 27 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I took the plunge.. it would have bothered me by not pulling them since this is the last day and my credit union uses Experian so I wanted a final look.  I am at 760!!!!  My last check a few months ago, EX was my lowest.  That alone was worth the pull. Smiley Happy
Message 28 of 38
GregB
Valued Contributor

Amazingly consistent for the two that match almost perfectly: TU 741, EX 742.

EQ shows 734. Equifax shows two less "total accounts", which are mortgages that were refinanced. The other significant difference is that they show my HELOC in the mortgage section, where the other two show it in revolving. The totals match within $100.

Of course now that I am paying off an Advanta business card that doesn't show on my personal credit report with a Chase 4.99% until 2011 no-fee transfer, the poopoo will hit the fan! 

Message 29 of 38
heirophant
Established Contributor

For my final EX pull, I got the mark of the beast (666).  Scary.

Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.