Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor First Experience with BofA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Poor First Experience with BofA

Hi everyone,

I might be overreacting here, but I just wanted to be able to rant and express my frustration of BofA to some people who might be willing and able to share the difficulties I've had with BofA over these past couple weeks.

I app'ed for the BofA Travel Rewards card on April 8th, and was approved on the 9th. I applied because I'm going overseas for vacation with the family this week, and really wanted a no FTF card. I was initially told by the Credit Analyst on the phone (had to call to verify identity) that my card would be put in the mail that day. I was so ecstatic! Glad that I had gotten approved with not a super high limit, but it would be usable and I'd just PIF after each purchase. I waited a week to receive the card, and when the following Friday (17th) came around, I hadn't received it yet. I went onto BofA online chat help and reached out. They apologized that I hadn't received it yet, and they said it would be sent out immediately. The following Monday (20th), I received in the mail a letter that stated that I had been approved for the card, with my Experian score on it. I figured this meant at least the card should be on its way soon. I received an email from BofA that Thursday (23rd) saying that if I haven't received by card already, I should at least be getting it soon. I waited until the 27th, when I received the same letter I had received on the 20th, and I was very confused. I wasn't home from the 27th until May 2nd, at which point I checked my mail and hadn't received anything. Today, finally, I received the welcome package that told me my benefits for the card, but it read as though I already had the card and should have been spending on it already. There's a 90 day bonus offer on the card as well, and waiting for the card has already taken a third of that away.

I finally had it, and called BofA, and they're going to be expediting me a card that will arrive on Wednesday, the day before I leave. So I guess it's going to work out, but it's just frustrating that this is how my relationship with BofA is starting off. Anyways, sorry, rant over, and thanks for reading XD

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Poor First Experience with BofA

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

I might be overreacting here, but I just wanted to be able to rant and express my frustration of BofA to some people who might be willing and able to share the difficulties I've had with BofA over these past couple weeks.

I app'ed for the BofA Travel Rewards card on April 8th, and was approved on the 9th. I applied because I'm going overseas for vacation with the family this week, and really wanted a no FTF card. I was initially told by the Credit Analyst on the phone (had to call to verify identity) that my card would be put in the mail that day. I was so ecstatic! Glad that I had gotten approved with not a super high limit, but it would be usable and I'd just PIF after each purchase. I waited a week to receive the card, and when the following Friday (17th) came around, I hadn't received it yet. I went onto BofA online chat help and reached out. They apologized that I hadn't received it yet, and they said it would be sent out immediately. The following Monday (20th), I received in the mail a letter that stated that I had been approved for the card, with my Experian score on it. I figured this meant at least the card should be on its way soon. I received an email from BofA that Thursday (23rd) saying that if I haven't received by card already, I should at least be getting it soon. I waited until the 27th, when I received the same letter I had received on the 20th, and I was very confused. I wasn't home from the 27th until May 2nd, at which point I checked my mail and hadn't received anything. Today, finally, I received the welcome package that told me my benefits for the card, but it read as though I already had the card and should have been spending on it already. There's a 90 day bonus offer on the card as well, and waiting for the card has already taken a third of that away.

I finally had it, and called BofA, and they're going to be expediting me a card that will arrive on Wednesday, the day before I leave. So I guess it's going to work out, but it's just frustrating that this is how my relationship with BofA is starting off. Anyways, sorry, rant over, and thanks for reading XD

Very sorry to hear that, never had a problem like that with them.  I called in on Thursday of last week and today I got my replacement cards for my account.  When I first opened my account I got the card in about 8 days.  Only time I've had a delay on getting a card has been when it's been like an image card from Capital One, even like that it's usually only been a few days extra.  I don't see why they won't overnight a card to you, they have done that for me before.

Message 2 of 6
ParadoxD
Valued Member

BoA can be a little dopey at times, I'll admit. In general though, they seem to have pretty good customer service. I too am surprised they didn't overnight you the card, especially after all that.

Hopefully this is your first and last incident with them though. Don't get too discouraged, I've been a customer for years now and the fubars have been few and far between. Good luck!
Message 3 of 6
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval.   It is a nice card to have.  I am sorry to hear about the card getting lost in the mail.  But since the first card was lost, be sure to bring a backup card or two, just in case.  It would be bad if someone starts using the lost card while you are on the trip.  

Message 4 of 6
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

You should have had them expedite it for you. They can usually overnight it. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 6
icyhot
Valued Contributor

So sorry to hear that! Be patient with BofA, they do tend to be a little slow when sending new cards, especially after a PC. But they are great!

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.