Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop-up ads in MyFICO Forums?

tag
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

Pop-up ads in MyFICO Forums?

Does anyone know-

The ads that pop up for different CCs (I just got one for AMEX Blue Cash, for example)-  are these in any way geared toward the individual person viewing them (like a pre-qual) or is this just advertising?

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Pop-up ads in MyFICO Forums?

Do you get them even if you don't sign in?  (yes).  Is your community account linked with your SSN? (often no)

Message 2 of 11
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Do you get them even if you don't sign in?  (yes).  Is your community account linked with your SSN? (often no)

Good questions... I sign in every time I visit the site so I should try that... and my SSN is linked I think because I used the myFICO score watch thing for a while.

But now I see how to tell the difference.. thanks Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I highly doubt they're targeted.

Message 4 of 11
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I doubt if they're targeted b/c I get the AMEX ad whenever I open the page and they just denied me for the 2nd time a few weeks ago. They're paid ads.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 5 of 11
hot4u
Established Contributor

pOP-Ups

I believe Amex pays them to mess with my head

My Brain aka Endorphines go beserko when I see it...Smiley Surprised

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 6 of 11
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Not targeted at all. I haven't used the myfico service for a while, so they don't have updated info for me. Also, they promo for cards I already have. I really don't like it, though, and do wish they'd remove the popup. Smiley Frustrated

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 7 of 11
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

They are annoying hahha

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 8 of 11
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

They are annoying hahha

+100000000! Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 11
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

@B335is wrote:

I highly doubt they're targeted.

I agree! I think it depends on who is the "sponsor of the day." For a while it was always Discover, now it's Amex. When you think of it, what better place is there to advertise credit cards? LOL!

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.