Valued Contributor
chnceit

Re: Positive Experience with Discover Refer A Friend

Wow someone can really make money off of this program! This is cool!

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Regular Contributor
CollegeStudent530

Discover... depositted the $50.00 into my account pretty fast too! I love being apart of the DISCOVER family.

United MileagePlus Explorer Card - $16,000
American Express Blue Cash Everyday® - $11,200
Discover It™ - $8000
Chase Sapphire Preferred® - $6,000
Chase Freedom® - $6000
BankAmericard® Better Balance Rewards™ - $2000
Golden 1 Credit Union Student® - $1000

Recent College Graduate l Age: 21 l Gardening as of 08/15/2014

Blogger
HiLine

I wonder why we don't have a system where people post their Discover referral links so members applying for the card can use those links to earn bonuses for themselves and others. With thousands of people applying for the It this year, we could've made tens of thousands among ourselves.
09Lexie

@HiLine

To answer your question as to why there's no system? We do not want personal information shared (email addresses) nor the solicitation/referrals of our members.
Frequent Contributor
IcEWoLF

CollegeStudent530 wrote:

Discover... depositted the $50.00 into my account pretty fast too! I love being apart of the DISCOVER family.

Cool beans! Glad to see another person getting their credit fast!

EQ: 750 TU: 771 EXP: 800
Chase Sapphire Preferred: 7K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature: 5.7K
MERRILL+® Visa Signature®: 9K | Bank of America Accelerated Cash Rewards American Express Card: 5K
BankAmericard Privileges® with Cash Rewards: 7K
Discover IT: 8.5K | Costco AMEX: 10.7K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi ThankYou Preferred World Mastercard 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard 5K
Valued Contributor
djc1puno

09Lexie wrote:
@HiLine

To answer your question as to why there's no system? We do not want personal information shared (email addresses) nor the solicitation/referrals of our members.

agree...and if it goes awry myfico can also get in hot waters...

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Contributor
sergi0wned

IcEWoLF wrote:

I've had a positive experience with them, referred both of my parents to the brand new Discover Card, both approved for 4k and 4.5k.

I earned a quick $100 for both of them after they made their first purchases!

I thought the process would be long, but I was wrong, they got their cards last week, they both made purchases on their cards and got my credit last night for both!

I am surprised how their Refer A Friend to Discover worked!

I take my hat to them because they are truly one of the best CC I've ever dealt with.

I also received my Amazon.com $75 Gift Card few months ago via email which I have yet to redeem, so I have $175 that I have earned from Discover without breaking a sweat!

I recommend everyone to use their Refer A Friend Program. It's hassle free and painless!

P.S: This is the link for the Refer a Friend Program: https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/exclusives/sharediscover/

I'm glad you had a good experience with the referral program! It really is great how it rewards you and the family/friends you refer!

I've also had great success with their referral program with the Student card. I've referred 3 friends so far. My first statement just cut and it had $200 cashback in the promotional category! I don't know where the extra $50 came from... I applied through a preselected mail offer, and I don't recall it having any cashback for applying, but maybe it did. Oh well, I'm not complaining! :smileyvery-happy:

20 years old | 4 Cards in my wallet | TU (3/28/14) 743
January 2013 - 1st Financial Bank USA Platinum VISA ($500 --> $1,500)
June 2013- Discover IT Student ($1,500 --> $1,800 --> $2,100), Citi Forward Student ($1,500 --> $2,900)
December 2013 - Macy's American Express ($1,000 --> $3,000)
February 2014 - American Express Blue Cash Everyday ($3,000), Chase Freedom ($2,000)
April 2014 - Sallie Mae MasterCard ($3,800)
Blogger
HiLine

09Lexie wrote:
@HiLine

Do you share your information when you post a referral link? I didn't know that :smileytongue:

09Lexie

@HiLine

In the referral link, you provide an email address. Discover sends your friend an email and they use that to apply
Blogger
HiLine

09Lexie wrote:
@HiLine

In the referral link, you provide an email address. Discover sends your friend an email and they use that to apply

So that's how it goes... Thanks for the info, Lexie :smileywink:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+