Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive Experience with Discover Refer A Friend

tag
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Positive Experience with Discover Refer A Friend

Wow someone can really make money off of this program! This is cool!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 11 of 21
CollegeStudent530
Regular Contributor

Discover... depositted the $50.00 into my account pretty fast too! I love being apart of the DISCOVER family.

Message 12 of 21
HiLine
Blogger

I wonder why we don't have a system where people post their Discover referral links so members applying for the card can use those links to earn bonuses for themselves and others. With thousands of people applying for the It this year, we could've made tens of thousands among ourselves.
Message 13 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@HiLine

To answer your question as to why there's no system? We do not want personal information shared (email addresses) nor the solicitation/referrals of our members.
Message 14 of 21
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

@CollegeStudent530 wrote:

Discover... depositted the $50.00 into my account pretty fast too! I love being apart of the DISCOVER family.

Cool beans! Glad to see another person getting their credit fast!

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 15 of 21
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@HiLine

To answer your question as to why there's no system? We do not want personal information shared (email addresses) nor the solicitation/referrals of our members.

agree...and if it goes awry myfico can also get in hot waters...

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 16 of 21
sergi0wned
Contributor

@IcEWoLF wrote:

I've had a positive experience with them, referred both of my parents to the brand new Discover Card, both approved for 4k and 4.5k.

I earned a quick $100 for both of them after they made their first purchases!

I thought the process would be long, but I was wrong, they got their cards last week, they both made purchases on their cards and got my credit last night for both!

I am surprised how their Refer A Friend to Discover worked!

I take my hat to them because they are truly one of the best CC I've ever dealt with.

I also received my Amazon.com $75 Gift Card few months ago via email which I have yet to redeem, so I have $175 that I have earned from Discover without breaking a sweat!

I recommend everyone to use their Refer A Friend Program. It's hassle free and painless!

P.S: This is the link for the Refer a Friend Program: https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/exclusives/sharediscover/

I'm glad you had a good experience with the referral program! It really is great how it rewards you and the family/friends you refer!

I've also had great success with their referral program with the Student card. I've referred 3 friends so far. My first statement just cut and it had $200 cashback in the promotional category! I don't know where the extra $50 came from... I applied through a preselected mail offer, and I don't recall it having any cashback for applying, but maybe it did. Oh well, I'm not complaining! Smiley Very Happy

20 years old | 4 Cards in my wallet | TU (3/28/14) 743
January 2013 - 1st Financial Bank USA Platinum VISA ($500 --> $1,500)
June 2013- Discover IT Student ($1,500 --> $1,800 --> $2,100), Citi Forward Student ($1,500 --> $2,900)
December 2013 - Macy's American Express ($1,000 --> $3,000)
February 2014 - American Express Blue Cash Everyday ($3,000), Chase Freedom ($2,000)
April 2014 - Sallie Mae MasterCard ($3,800)
Message 17 of 21
HiLine
Blogger

@09Lexie wrote:
@HiLine

Do you share your information when you post a referral link? I didn't know that Smiley Tongue

Message 18 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@HiLine

In the referral link, you provide an email address. Discover sends your friend an email and they use that to apply
Message 19 of 21
HiLine
Blogger

@09Lexie wrote:
@HiLine

In the referral link, you provide an email address. Discover sends your friend an email and they use that to apply

So that's how it goes... Thanks for the info, Lexie Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.