Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive Experience with Discover Refer A Friend

tag
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Positive Experience with Discover Refer A Friend

I've had a positive experience with them, referred both of my parents to the brand new Discover Card, both approved for 4k and 4.5k.

I earned a quick $100 for both of them after they made their first purchases!

I thought the process would be long, but I was wrong, they got their cards last week, they both made purchases on their cards and got my credit last night for both!

I am surprised how their Refer A Friend to Discover worked!

I take my hat to them because they are truly one of the best CC I've ever dealt with.

I also received my Amazon.com $75 Gift Card few months ago via email which I have yet to redeem, so I have $175 that I have earned from Discover without breaking a sweat!

I recommend everyone to use their Refer A Friend Program. It's hassle free and painless!

P.S: This is the link for the Refer a Friend Program: https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/exclusives/sharediscover/

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Positive Experience with Discover Refer A Friend

Yup, it's a win-win for both parties. $50 each.

Message 2 of 21
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

I Tried to do that but my friend called and applied on the phone and I think he got denied
i asked him for the outcome and he said they will send him some documents thru the mail and they didn't say antying about being approved or denied

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 3 of 21
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Thats awesome how easy it was to get the $100. Good job. 

Message 4 of 21
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

@mikey78 wrote:

I Tried to do that but my friend called and applied on the phone and I think he got denied
i asked him for the outcome and he said they will send him some documents thru the mail and they didn't say antying about being approved or denied

Sorry things didn't work out for you or your friend.

I had both of my parents app online and they both got the instant approval.

Shortly after their app (within days) I received an email telling me that we would get the $50 credit:

---

You just earned $50 Cashback Bonus!

Congratulations! Your friend has accepted your invitation and became a Discover cardmember. Please allow up to 5 weeks for the $50 Cashback Bonus reward to be added to your account.

Share with More Friends

---

BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 5 of 21
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

share your wealth man i say 10% should be mine Smiley Very Happy

J/K

congrats though

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 6 of 21
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Nice! So ur parents also got 50?

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 21
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

@djc1puno wrote:
Nice! So ur parents also got 50?

Yep, they are getting the $50 credit to their account as well.

I received an email for both of them about the $50 rewards. 

See above post on the email.

Message 8 of 21
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info! Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 9 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I referred DH and I got the email that he accepted the invitation and to expect my $50. He made his first purchase 3 days ago, so I'll see how fast it posts. IME, they have posted pretty fast.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.