cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible CLI from Chase/Amazon Rewards? Hmm..

tag
Blazesian
New Contributor

Possible CLI from Chase/Amazon Rewards? Hmm..

I was just checking my account as usual and a little survey popped up saying "Tell us what we can do differently". Out of spite, I typed in "give more credit limit increases" -clicked send and exited. It asked if I wanted a reply and I clicked no.

Still...

Four hours later I get an email from a representative saying they would be happy to process a request for me.

-fingers crossed-

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

Re: Possible CLI from Chase/Amazon Rewards? Hmm..

@Blazesian wrote:

I was just checking my account as usual and a little survey popped up saying "Tell us what we can do differently". Out of spite, I typed in "give more credit limit increases" -clicked send and exited. It asked if I wanted a reply and I clicked no.

Still...

Four hours later I get an email from a representative saying they would be happy to process a request for me.

-fingers crossed-

I hope you mentioned Soft Pull credit limit increases Smiley Surprised If not...expect a hard pull if they submitted one for you.

Message 2 of 5
Blazesian
New Contributor

Thanks for the heads up, I just assumed it would be a SP. I messaged them again - hopefully they haven't done anything yet. 

Message 3 of 5
enharu
Super Contributor

It's best you call in and also be mentally prepared for the HP if it has already been processed.

Many people have explicitly stated "do not do a hard inquiry" for their CLI requests in their secured messages to chase, and that still did not stop chase from doing so. Search around the forums for more info
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 5
Blazesian
New Contributor

Subject:Re: Response to your submission on Chase - We're Listening
Dear =========,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us again in 
regards to the credit limit on your Amazon account.. 

I apologize that we are unable to request for a credit 
limit increase without a hard credit inquiry. In order to 
get your account reviewed for credit limit increase, you 
need to authorize Chase to obtain a copy of your credit 
report, credit bureau history and any other information in
order to determine if the request can be approved. This 
would be a hard pull on your credit report. We are unable 
to request for a credit limit increase without a hard 
credit inquiry.

As you mentioned that you do not want a hard pull on your 
credit report to process your request we have disregarded 
your previous request for a credit limit increase.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the 
Secure Message Center. 

Well, my fingers were crossed for nothing. I'm annoyed that they keep saying I requested a CLI, though. I did not. I just stated they NEED to give more CLIs in the future. Oh well. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.