Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Freedom to Marriott PC?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Possible Freedom to Marriott PC?

I know the bonus would be amazing but new credit cards are not an option right now for my partner or I so was considering calling about a freedom to marriott pc.  Later down the road I would consider applying for one for bonus and what not if we were seeing good value from the card for us... besides bonus, we would get everything else IF Chase would do the PC correct?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Possible Freedom to Marriott PC? - UPDATE?

I was told Freedom or Slate (my partner has both) can not be PC into anything.  United, Marriot, Sapphire, CSP all have different rewards so you can't PC into them you have to apply... now I know that is not 100% so what is other experience for PC? once the 0% is up early next year on the slate it will be a useless card!

Message 2 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

I was told Freedom or Slate (my partner has both) can not be PC into anything.  United, Marriot, Sapphire, CSP all have different rewards so you can't PC into them you have to apply... now I know that is not 100% so what is other experience for PC? once the 0% is up early next year on the slate it will be a useless card!

It is 100% accurate.  Since it is not in the same Chase CC product/reward structure family, therefore, it cannot be PC'd.   I know you may have your 100% doubts per previous experiences and posts.  Additionally, the account has to be elegible and not all accounts qualify from the get-go (some accounts have to be open for 12+ months to be considered, etc).  Slate, Freedom & CS/CSP can be PC'd within their same product family; similarly SW to SW Premier, Disney to Disney Premier, etc.  Marriott to Disney - no; SW to United - no; Slate/Freedom to Marriott - no; and so on... But, heck try the EO and see what they say...lol.

Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

It is 100% accurate.  Since it is not in the same Chase CC product/reward structure family, therefore, it cannot be PC'd.   I know you may have your 100% doubts per previous experiences and posts.  Additionally, the account has to be elegible and not all accounts qualify from the get-go (some accounts have to be open for 12+ months to be considered, etc).  Slate, Freedom & CS/CSP can be PC'd within their same product family; similarly SW to SW Premier, Disney to Disney Premier, etc.  Marriott to Disney - no; SW to United - no; Slate/Freedom to Marriott - no; and so on... But, heck try the EO and see what they say...lol.

sorry I meant the part about PC within Freedom/slate, etc.

oh well... staying on navy flagship!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.