Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible PC from Amex Delta?

tag
victornewman
Contributor

Possible PC from Amex Delta?

My DH has had an Amex Delta for over 10 years now.  We don't fly Delta at all so it's really of no use to us.  Is it possible to PC his Delta to a BCE or something else in the Blue family?

We did an online chat with Amex and the CSR said that the only options were to PC to a Hilton (DH already has this card) or SPG, which we only stay at Marriott or Hilton's so that would be of any use either.  My DH may call Amex tomorrow to see if there are any other options.  Just checking to see if anyone else has been able to PC Delta to something other than Hilton or SPG.  He already has the ED card.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Possible PC from Amex Delta?

@victornewman wrote:

My DH has had an Amex Delta for over 10 years now.  We don't fly Delta at all so it's really of no use to us.  Is it possible to PC his Delta to a BCE or something else in the Blue family?

We did an online chat with Amex and the CSR said that the only options were to PC to a Hilton (DH already has this card) or SPG, which we only stay at Marriott or Hilton's so that would be of any use either.  My DH may call Amex tomorrow to see if there are any other options.  Just checking to see if anyone else has been able to PC Delta to something other than Hilton or SPG.  He already has the ED card.

No, there isn't a PC option for the Delta cards. However, that's not a problem.

Just go ahead and straight up app for the BCE if that is what you want. You have a history with AMEX and they will have no problem opening another card for you. The new card will have the original Delta Member Since year, and be the month you get the card. (so, Backdating Strategists will tell you to app for the BCE in January, then you get a January 2005 Member Since date, or whatever year the Delta was issued).

If you don't like the CL that you get with the BCE, (or even if you do) you can transfer most of the Delta CL over to the new card, since the Delta CL is probably properly seasoned for 13 statement periods (I'm presuming you've done no CLI in the past year?). If a recent CLI has been done, then there is a waiting period before the CL can be moved. Or don't move the CL, it is an option.

Then, if you don't want the Delta AF, close it after you get the BCE settled in the wallet and any CL transfers done. Depending on when you close the Delta, you will get a bit of the annual fee prorated back in cash.

I have a Delta Gold, added the Delta Platinum in February, then closed the Platinum in October because it wasn't adding any features, and got $62 from the $175 AF back to apply to the Gold statement, and still have the Gold.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.