Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible PC to Citi Costco Visa Coming Soon

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Possible PC to Citi Costco Visa Coming Soon

@android01 wrote:

What about the other way around?  I tried combing limits with my Costco and TY Premier and closing the Costco.  I was told no bueno.  PC'ing to another Citi product from the Costco may be a good thing if it happens, but I don't believe they will combine limits and close out the Costco. Smiley Sad I'd love to hear if/when/how someone else achieved this, if at all. 

I'm also curious about that, since I'd like to like PC from Costco (I already have a Sam's Club membership, so Costco is redundant)

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 11 of 22
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

There's been chatter on other places that beginning October 16/17 Citi may allow PC to the Costco card. All speculation but will be interesting if this comes to fruition. 

Bump. Today is the 17th. Has anyone tried to ask for a PC?

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried last week and they said 'at this time it's not an option'. I'd be surprised if one week would make a different.. they didn't seem to give any indication it would be allowed soon.
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP where did you hear it would be around the 17th?
Message 14 of 22
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Just got home and did a quick Google search. Doctor of Credit is reporting that by calling in some people are having success with PCing to a Costco Visa.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/ymmv-product-changes-citi-costco-card-now-available-product-change/

Im interested but I wonder how it will effect my rewards coming from the double cash. I currently have a balance of about $2,000 that I am paying off over time on a 0% offer. If I were to PC today would I lose out on that $20 worth of rewards for paying it down?

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 15 of 22
andre181
Established Contributor

I just called to try to PC my Forward to Costco and was shot down.

She said they will begin allowing PCs to Costco starting in mid-November.

So YMMV I guess.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

We shop often at Costco and use QS at present. My wife has a Citi Forward that has been SDed for a while. We hope it can be PCed to this Costco card soon.

BTW Does Citi Hard Pull for PC?

Message 17 of 22
mcsmyth

Hey guys,

An update here, I successfully PC'ed my Thank You Preferred to the Costco Visa with no HP. Checked on chat first and said I had the product option for conversion, they had me call in to customer service to verbally agree and process was completed by providing my Costco member ID.

-Mark

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mcsmyth wrote:

Hey guys,

An update here, I successfully PC'ed my Thank You Preferred to the Costco Visa with no HP. Checked on chat first and said I had the product option for conversion, they had me call in to customer service to verbally agree and process was completed by providing my Costco member ID.

-Mark

I was able to successfully PC my Thank You MC to Citi Costco Visa today. The CS said the new card will be issued in the middle of January.

Message 19 of 22
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

You people are funny!!  I don't get the hype behind carrying a co-branded card.  I would put money on it if Starbucks offered a CC you would all jump on board for that too.  

OOOOH  look shiny object!!!

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.