cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible/Worth upgrading BoA 1/2/3 to VISA Signature?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Possible/Worth upgrading BoA 1/2/3 to VISA Signature?

@Anonymous wrote:
I gave it one more go. This third CSR was able to "upgrade" me to a VISA Signature and my new card will arrive in 2 weeks with possibly a new number. I'm just hoping she didn't accidentally close my account (my oldest) and open a new one. I'm also hoping this new card is actually a VISA Signature and Cash Rewards card. I did ask her if this will require a HP and she seemed somewhat sure it would not.

I'll know for sure in 2 weeks when the new card arrives and I pull my annual credit report. Next up is a SP CLI for my Citi DC and maybe opening an Amazon VISA as my 3rd card.

Interesting!   I would have let it go, because VS really adds practically nothing.   But since you spent the time, glad you got the result.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Possible/Worth upgrading BoA 1/2/3 to VISA Signature?

You absolutely can do the change. I did it. 

I had the standard BOA Gold card, and in 2015 changed it to the Better Balance card, and late last year, PC'd to the Sig 1/2/3 card. You just have to get the right rep that knows what they are doing. They told me the same thing about the account numbers, but when I got the card, it just had just been re-issued with new Exp and sec code.

I have always found BOA credit cards to be a pain. I dread calling them which is why I have only done it when required. Frankly the only reason I keep my BOA card is its my oldest account reporting. As soon as my next oldest card hits 15yrs, (my BOA is 18yrs old) I'll likely cancel since my report will have aged well by then. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.