cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible for me to get approved? Barclay Arrival World MasterCard - Capital One Venture Rewards

tag
Feather_Hat
Established Member

Re: Possible for me to get approved? Barclay Arrival World MasterCard - Capital One Venture Rewards

i was trying to figure out major difference between CSP and barclay arrival (one with fee)

can anyone kinda break it down the comparison for me?

Message 11 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Possible for me to get approved? Barclay Arrival World MasterCard - Capital One Venture Rewards

@Temporary_me wrote:

Thank you! Showed pre-approval for the Venture, but only the normal Arrival (20k miles, no annual fee version) was pre-approved!

If those are the cards you really want (unless you want to do more research or others can provide more input) then the pre-qualified information is a good sign.  An item to keep in mind for Capital One, Venture and VentureOne are offered in both Platinum and Visa/WMC versions so even if you're approved, the limit needs to be $5K to obtain Signature/WMC.  As far as Barclays, sometimes their pre-qualification offers can result in a decline but it's one of those YEMV situations.   Best of luck on whichever route you decide to go.

Message 12 of 14
mhakimi30
New Visitor

I think you might want to consider applying for Barclay Arrival World MasterCard. I just got approved within 3 days for the no annual fee card with CL $3000 few days back. Still waiting for the card to be delivered to my place though, so I don't know whether it is a world or platinum. Just for your info, I am 22 years old, currently in senior year of college just like you but with shorter credit history (only 9 months). My TU score was 734 before but dropped to 723 now after adding two hard credit inquires. I had only one credit account which is a credit card, solely under my name, before this and it is a secured one with CL $500. Together with Barclay Arrival World MasterCard, I got approved for Discover It Card with CL $3000 too (applied both within few days gap). From my perspective, I think you have better chance to get approved for Barclay Arrival World MasterCard as you have better qualification than me. Hope this will help your decision.

Message 13 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@mhakimi30 wrote:

I think you might want to consider applying for Barclay Arrival World MasterCard. I just got approved within 3 days for the no annual fee card with CL $3000 few days back. Still waiting for the card to be delivered to my place though, so I don't know whether it is a world or platinum. Just for your info, I am 22 years old, currently in senior year of college just like you but with shorter credit history (only 9 months). My TU score was 734 before but dropped to 723 now after adding two hard credit inquires. I had only one credit account which is a credit card, solely under my name, before this and it is a secured one with CL $500. Together with Barclay Arrival World MasterCard, I got approved for Discover It Card with CL $3000 too (applied both within few days gap). From my perspective, I think you have better chance to get approved for Barclay Arrival World MasterCard as you have better qualification than me. Hope this will help your decision.

If your CL is $3K then it is not a WMC, just the standard Arrival Platinum MC.  $5K is minimum for WMC.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.