Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible positive sign from Discover?

tag
CarnegieS
Regular Contributor

Possible positive sign from Discover?

-Just coming up on 1 year of having the card/credit history. 

-Got the message the day after they soft pulled me to obtain my TU score. 

After I updated the info I didn't notice any immediate increase, but I was wondering a couple things. 

- Is this somewhat promissing? To others with a similar message in the past how long did it take to recieve a CLI after updating the info?

- When Discover does an auto CLI do they wait for a certain point in the month (i.e: until the next billing period begins)? 

- Is this just a standard thing that pops up around the anniversary of having your card each year?

Sure would be nice to get this limit up a bit, since my utilization on this card constantly cuts above 50%. On a side note though I feel like I have done pretty well for only having 1 year of credit history! Smiley Happy

DISCOVERYEAH2.jpg

Amex Delta Gold: $5400| BofA Better Balance: $1500 | Sallie Mae: $1300 | Discover It: $500
719 TU, 685 EQ, 728 Ex.
Entered the garden : 5/8/14
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Possible positive sign from Discover?

Haven't gotten that message. I will say that I got an automatic CLI at about the 6 month mark from opening my Discover It. Nothing since (I think).

I am curious to know where it asks about education (or do you have a student card?), as I can not find anywhere in my account profile to put/update that (recently graduated).

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never saw that message before. Did get an auto credit line increase at six months and nothing after that.
Message 3 of 5
jps1
Established Member

My card is just over a year old and I recieved the same message when I logged in yesterday. They have given me two auto CLI since I have had the card so I was hoping this was another. I filled  it out and just like you nothing happened.......yet. Hopefully they will give us an CLI bdcause I was going to apply for one soon.

Credit Union MC - $1500 / Discover IT - $2900 / Citi TYP- $3000 / BestBuy Store - $1400 / Amazon Visa- $1800
Amex Hilton Surpass- $20,000 / Barclay Arrival+ WEMC - $5,000 / Chase CSP - $11,800 / Chase Freedom - $5,800
Citi Thank You Premier - $5000 / Chase Marriott - $10,000 / Amex Delta Gold - $5,000 / Amex PRG - NPSL

Citi Hilton- $13,500 (AU) / Sears MC (AU) / Exxon Mobil (AU)
Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CarnegieS wrote:

-Just coming up on 1 year of having the card/credit history. 

-Got the message the day after they soft pulled me to obtain my TU score. 

After I updated the info I didn't notice any immediate increase, but I was wondering a couple things. 

- Is this somewhat promissing? To others with a similar message in the past how long did it take to recieve a CLI after updating the info?

- When Discover does an auto CLI do they wait for a certain point in the month (i.e: until the next billing period begins)? 

- Is this just a standard thing that pops up around the anniversary of having your card each year?

Sure would be nice to get this limit up a bit, since my utilization on this card constantly cuts above 50%. On a side note though I feel like I have done pretty well for only having 1 year of credit history! Smiley Happy

DISCOVERYEAH2.jpg

So this was a student card? and you are talking about other student cards? I would call the other ones you have if you have graduated and ask them about moving you into a non student card (BofA has been known in the past to give nice CLI after moving out of a student card but it also requires hp for cli but you can pc without)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.