Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to PC Barclay Apple Rewards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possible to PC Barclay Apple Rewards?

Or will I have to reapply for Barclay Rewards? Seems that I would have to because the Barclay Rewards is a MC while the Apple is a VISA.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Possible to PC Barclay Apple Rewards?

@Anonymous wrote:

Or will I have to reapply for Barclay Rewards? Seems that I would have to because the Barclay Rewards is a MC while the Apple is a VISA.

You might have a chance because I have heard of people going from cobranded to non-cobranded, especially going to the Barclay Rewards. Also, the Barclay Rewards photo displayed on Barclaycard now says Visa so they may have switched it over to Visa.

Doesn't hurt to just call and ask.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called, and they said they can't PC the Barclay VISA Apple Reward.

Message 3 of 7
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

I PC'd my Apple visa to Barclays rewards back in March. It's very well possible. Drop them a message on Facebook. That's what I did.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You can apply for a new card...maybe one with a bonus and move the limit to the new card. ...profit in the process
This should be the very last and absolutely the least desirable option since this action will result in decreasing average account age, which will impact scores. OP should try the social media as suggested by another member.
Message 5 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
You can apply for a new card...maybe one with a bonus and move the limit to the new card. ...profit in the process
This should be the very last and absolutely the least desirable option since this action will result in decreasing average account age, which will impact scores. OP should try the social media as suggested by another member.

Everyone has different priorities, but for me, I agree...the obsession with bonuses really does puzzle me sometimes. Not everyone cares so much about bonuses that they will just cold app for a new card every time when conversions are available.

AFAIK, the Barclay Rewards has no bonus anyway, so there's no point in cold apping if a PC is available (which I don't know if it is).

Message 6 of 7
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I tried to convert my Apple card a few years ago to the rewards card.  It was a strange situation.  They said that I could not PC it, but had to reapply and even if I was declined, then it could be PC'd.  So I reapplied and got the 7-10 day message and promptly called them.  They told me that not only was I not going to be approved but that they were closing my Apple card.  Their reasoning was that I was a risk with so many new accounts.  I pointed out that in no way did my report indicate I was on a charging spree.  They said tough.  I discussed it with them a little more and finally asked to speak with a supervisor.  They really didn't want to let me speak to one, but I kept on requesting that.  Finally, they said they would get one and came back and told me that the person was busy.  I said I would I would wait.  A couple more times they came back and finally they said they would open the Rewards card and we discussed the limit.  When I got the card the limit wasn't what they said it would be and I had to reach out to the executive office to get it corrected.  In the end they removed my Apple account from my records and the inquiry for it too.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.