cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to Reinstate Macy's cc after C.O.?

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: Possible to Reinstate Macy's cc after C.O.?

@cc29 wrote:

Here's what they said when I emailed them to ask about it. I was unhappy about this because no one told me that they were going to do this. They made it seem like you would just get another card, not that you could be possibly denied.  They also pulled EX, the one CR that already has too many inquiries.

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us about your Macy's account.
I am happy to review your request.

I am sorry, when we close an account before another account can be
opened we would have to pull another bureau to see whether or not you
would qualify to have another account opened.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you."

You might get it, dont worry.Macys is somewhat an easy card to get. Keep us updated.

Message 21 of 38
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

I see that NEW applicants now have to present a major CC to even apply for FDS credit. It wasn't like this a few years ago (pre BK) when I had a "Lazarus" card. They were loose with CLI's, too. 

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 22 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was your original trade line reinstated, or was a new account opened?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has actually had an original account reinstated, or if you merely had an new account opened?

My definition of reinstatement is that a closed account was re-opened meaning that you keep the original date opened which would help your average account age.

Anyone actually had reinstatement as described?

Message 23 of 38
iltph
Frequent Contributor

Re: Was your original trade line reinstated, or was a new account opened?

My wife just called today and was told if she paid off her previous balances with Macy's and Rich's ($200 total), that they would reopen the account. I guess from what they said the would just give her the same accounts and CL, but not sure about whether they would do a hard pull or not. We just mailed off the checks to them today.
-------------------------------------------
April 2009: TU 768
March 2009: EQ 671
February 2009: EQ 666
January 2009: TU 667 | EQ 620 | EX 669
December 2008: TU 651 | EQ 625 | EX 649
April 2008: TU 642 | EQ 636 | EX 635
November 2007: EQ 542

November 2006: EQ 501
Message 24 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Did Macy's actually 're-open" your original account and report to credit your original trade line?  Or did you end up with a new account?

Thanks!

Message 25 of 38
iltph
Frequent Contributor

My wife wasn't 100% sure because she didn't ask them this specific question. She said it sounded as though they would just reopen her old account once the balances had been paid off.
-------------------------------------------
April 2009: TU 768
March 2009: EQ 671
February 2009: EQ 666
January 2009: TU 667 | EQ 620 | EX 669
December 2008: TU 651 | EQ 625 | EX 649
April 2008: TU 642 | EQ 636 | EX 635
November 2007: EQ 542

November 2006: EQ 501
Message 26 of 38
jazz_collegegrad08
Valued Member

Where online did you go? I can still access my account info although the account is closed by creditor and paid in full. I was about to send out a GW letter but if I can get the account reinstated and baddie deleted without a letter I'll try that too.
Message 27 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's doesn't actually reinstate the original account.  They open a new account and remove the old derogs from the original TL if it still reports.

Message 28 of 38
cam72
Established Member

I paid off a CO that I had with Macy's I was told that they would not be able to reinstate my account. But they went ahead and pulled my report and gave me a new account wtih a new account number. The status on the old changed to paid closed The lates were still being report. I was considering to see if they would update it and remove the lates.

Starting Score: EQ -604 (4/09) TU 644 (3/10)
Current Score: EQ -698 (3/10) TU-644 (3/10)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 29 of 38
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Some procedures and policies have changed at Macy's during 2009. Where exactly the handling of closed delinquent accounts has fallen out is unknown. I would ask if they could remove the lates from your old account if they do not go away. If not I would start sending monthly GW letters to the address for Macy's shown on your CBR until they do.
Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.