cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to Reinstate Macy's cc after C.O.?

tag
maponafa
New Contributor

Possible to Reinstate Macy's cc after C.O.?

Hello I was wondering if anyone had information on how to get your macys card reinstated I had one maybe ten years ago but it had charged off.  I am new on here and need some help.  Does anyone have a phone number or know what to say or is there someone I write to Thank you so much.
Message Edited by Scamp on 12-26-2008 05:40 AM
Starting Score: EQ - 450 TU - 429 (12-24-2008)
Current Score: EQ - 680 TU - 741 (09-11-2010)
Goal Score: 815
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
cc29
New Contributor

Re: Possible to Reinstate Macy's cc after C.O.?

They told me that I could reopen mine.  It was opened in 1995.  It is reporting with a balance of 482 and has been closed since 2001.  I called Macy's customer service, and I got transferred to the department that is handling my account.  They are going to reopen it after I pay off the balance.  I'm going to do that on Monday. The number to the department handling my account is 1-800-543-9617 (Recovery Services) Their hours are from 10 - 5 eastern time.  You might want to start with the customer service number first.  

There are also a few threads that I have seen where others have been able to reopen their accounts. My account isn't a charge off, but you have nothing to lose by just asking.

Sorry! I put down the wrong number.  I corrected it in bold.  I called today and they were going to charge $10 fee to do a check by phone and hold the amount for 15 days.  So I'm just going to go in the store and pay it.  Then I have to call back again in a couple of days.

Message Edited by cc29 on 12-29-2008 08:28 AM
Message Edited by cc29 on 12-29-2008 08:29 AM
Message Edited by cc29 on 12-31-2008 08:57 AM
FICO SCORES: EQ 741
TU 692
EXPERIAN FAKO 746
Message 2 of 38
preci0uz
Regular Contributor

I had a charge off and I was able to reinstate it.

Call this number 1-800-627-2909

Good luck!

Message Edited by preci0uz on 12-29-2008 04:00 PM
Message 3 of 38
maponafa
New Contributor

Thank You all for your replies and very helpful information.  I will try the numbers on Monday and post the outcomes.  Thank You so much!!!!!  I'm crossing my fingers!!!
Message 4 of 38
cc29
New Contributor

I just re-instated mine today. Yay!  My credit limit is equal to the amount that I paid.

They are also going to update it to Experian as paid and send me a letter also.

I can't wait to read how it went for you.
FICO SCORES: EQ 741
TU 692
EXPERIAN FAKO 746
Message 5 of 38
maponafa
New Contributor

Hello I would like to thank everyone for replying to my post and the encouragement and information.  GREAT NEWS Macys is going to reinstate my account after I pay my old 305.00 balance off and open my card with the same amount paid off.  YEAHHHHHHH  I love Macys!!!!!  Thank You all and also just got a +19 score increase to day on fico I'm on my way!!!
Message 6 of 38
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Don't forget to call Macy's every three months for a cli, they're very generous.
Message 7 of 38
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

After they reinstate the account, how does it appear on the credit reports?  Does the original account suddenly have a good history? Or do they delete the original account entirely from your reports, and show a brand new account? 

Also, has anyone had a chargeoff reinstated that they had already paid?  Or does this only work if you have a balance remaining?

Message 8 of 38
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

What if you had an account and was closed ( i do not remember why, probably didn't pay, but shows as paid now and in good standing) and paid in full. Is it possible to get in reinstated?

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 38
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

I went online to ask if I could get my Macy's reinstated and they said yes! Im very excited this was my very first account and im happy to have it back!

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.