cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to Remove Quicksilver MasterCard AF?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possible to Remove Quicksilver MasterCard AF?

It's only $19.00 per year but is it possible to remove it permanently? I also have a Quicksilver Visa but I don't want to merge them since that means I would have one less account.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Possible to Remove Quicksilver MasterCard AF?

@Anonymous wrote:

It's only $19.00 per year but is it possible to remove it permanently? I also have a Quicksilver Visa but I don't want to merge them since that means I would have one less account.

Yes it's possible.  You can either close the card or ask Capital One to waive it.  Please don't annoy the EO about $19 though. Please.

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's possible, but I did it through EO, as I was asking for several things at once. 

Message 3 of 34
willwar14
Valued Contributor

I got my AF waived via a frontline CSR.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 4 of 34
ddemari
Super Contributor

I was able to get AF waived on card that is 3 years old recently by calling number on back of card
Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:
I was able to get AF waived on card that is 3 years old recently by calling number on back of card

Do they ask you for a reason why you want the AF waived? Or does the conversation go something like this:

Customer: "I would like to have my AF waived please."

Rep: "Sure, I will waive your AF.  Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Customer: "No thank you."

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my AF waived by the EO. Mine was the QS1 and was $39. I had emailed the ceo about another issue and the eo office called me and in the process of that call I asked about getting it waived. I've only had it since June so doesn't seem that hard to get removed.

Message 7 of 34
galahad15
Valued Contributor

I was able to get my $59 AF perma-waived through the Cap1 EO after about 3 years on my Cap1 No Hassle Miles MC, although it almost seemed as though I had to jump through some hoops to do so, lol -- they originally didn't want to budge, but eventually acceeded to my request  Smiley Happy  Although this was also before Cap1 had discontinued direct access to the EO line, so YMMV since not sure if the current EO works the same way as it did when I made my request earlier this year?

Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's possible, but that would depend on Cap 1. Is it a regular QS MC or QS1? If it's a QS1, they may be willing to upgrade you to a QS without an annual fee. If it's a regular QS then speak with CS via chat or call and ask if it can be removed. There are some success stories of accountholders permanently removing the annual fee. If this is unsuccessful, you may have to cimbine to get rid of it. Good luck!

Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

Is it a regular QS MC or QS1? If it's a QS1, they may be willing to upgrade you to a QS without an annual fee. 

Thanks for reminding me that it is a Quicksilver One MasterCard. I'll just request for an upgrade to a regular Quicksilver One Mastercard when the time is near.

Do they even have a regular Quicksilver MasterCard without the "One"?

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.