cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to be approved for Discover with judgement?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IS IT POSSIBLE TO BE APPROVED FOR DISCOVER W A JUDGMENT

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Fiance wants to app for DISCOVER.  Four year old judgement. 648 MYFICO EQ. 634 MYFICO TU. 648 MYFICO EX. 3 baddies.

Might be a denial or joint offer.

Joint offer?

Joint responsibility.

Sorry Nixon... I'm still not folowing. What is "joint responsibility"?

Joint responsibility is when 2 or more people are responsible for the debt and the credit line is granted/rejected based on both of your credit histories.

Thanks a million gdale... That clears it up. CHEERS

I noticed your handle isn't in all caps now. Smiley Happy

But yes, Joint is a great way to give someone like your fiancé a leg up on credit.

NIXON I'm gonna pm you about this... I am seriously feeling harassed. I have never been evil or nasty to anybody on this earth. life is give and take and it CAN't ALWAYS BE TAKE.

Hmm, I see.. Well, I hope I didn't do anything to make you feel this way. Smiley Happy

Look forward to your PM.

No man, def not your awesome, I always look forward to reading your posts... 

Message 21 of 33
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Fiance wants to app for DISCOVER.  Four year old judgement. 648 MYFICO EQ. 634 MYFICO TU. 648 MYFICO EX. 3 baddies.

Joint offer?

Joint responsibility.

Joint responsibility is when 2 or more people are responsible for the debt and the credit line is granted/rejected based on both of your credit histories.

But yes, Joint is a great way to give someone like your fiancé a leg up on credit.

NIXON I'm gonna pm you about this... I am seriously feeling harassed. I have never been evil or nasty to anybody on this earth. life is give and take and it CAN't ALWAYS BE TAKE.

We have explained our stance multiple times in PM's and in threads.  I am sorry you feel this way but you have flat out ignored our requests and you haven't even been willing to discuss or compromise: that goes against your stated philosophy as there are many people in this world beyond us as individuals.

--Revelate, myFICO moderator

        
Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Joint offer?

Joint responsibility.

We have explained our stance multiple times in PM's and in threads.  I am sorry you feel this way but you have flat out ignored our requests and you haven't even been willing to discuss or compromise: that goes against your stated philosophy as there are many people in this world beyond us as individuals.

Revelate, I urge not to sound corny but your absolutely "crossed the line" tonight... A recent post of mine clearly states my intentions and my willingness to meet understandable change. However, I will not be dictated by personal vendetta. From a past exchange between myself and a local MYFICO friend.

@Anonymous
Regular Contributor
@AnonymousFICOScoreNinjitsu

Re: DISCOVERIT CARD AUTO LUV CLI AFTER ONLY (2) TWO STATEMENTS

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Strogen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Strogen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

WHOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOO!!! Logged into my DISCOVERIT CARD online acct and to my amazement I seen that I recently got a CLI after only (2) TWO STATEMENTS AND IT WAS AUTO LUV TO TOP IT OFF!!! THIS IS AFTER ONLY TWO STATEMENTS!!! This was pretty awesome to be honest. NRB525 knows what I'm talking about. SO my opening CL of $3,000 was just bumped to $3,500 after only (2) TWO STATEMENTS. Now I'm not sure what type of CLI's everybody else is gettin but I do know that $500 isn't huge of a CLI, however, the fact that is was AUTO LUV after ONLY (2) TWO STATEMENTS really makes my week. I seriously look forward to seeing how DISCOVER and I will grow together.

WHOOOOO WHOOOOO!!!

Well its just $500, you're acting like you just won the lottery haha. Though my friend also got some auto CLI's in the same time frame. 

You're not maxing the card are you? He was and they gave him 3 small CLI like yours to give him breathing room but he just gobbled them all up. 

Free money right? LOL

Strogen I'm not sure if you're very informed  on what I'm talking about here... Also, I did reference that IT WAS ONLY $500. Keep reading through the posts and forums and you'll become more empowered with knowledge.

Im quite informed and have been a member on other accounts here. Its cool that you got the increase, just wondering if you were maxing the card as this kind of behavior from Discover is not typical. 

Also, you might wanna turn off the bold. :smileylol:

And why in the world would I change my bold font HAHA Actually i prefer to type in BOLD CAPS HAHA

It's improper ettiquite and appears like you're shouting in your post.

Yea Nixon I'm with ya on the caps but I ain't changing the bold... Caps to me seems more like yelling but the bold just help to bring focus to the point I'm trying to get across.

To which they responded:
@Anonymous
Valued Contributor

Re: DISCOVERIT CARD AUTO LUV CLI AFTER ONLY (2) TWO STATEMENTS

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Strogen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Strogen wrote:

Now I'm not sure what type of CLI's everybody else is gettin but I do know that $500 isn't huge of a CLI, however, the fact that is was AUTO LUV after ONLY (2) TWO STATEMENTS really makes my week. I seriously look forward to seeing how DISCOVER and I will grow together.@FICOSWHOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOO!!! Logged into my DISCOVERIT CARD online acct and to my amazement I seen that I recently got a CLI after only (2) TWO STATEMENTS AND IT WAS AUTO LUV TO TOP IT OFF!!! THIS IS AFTER ONLY TWO STATEMENTS!!! This was pretty awesome to be honest. NRB525 knows what I'm talking about. SO my opening CL of $3,000 was just bumped to $3,500 after only (2) TWO STATEMENTS.CORENINJITSU wrote:

WHOOOOO WHOOOOO!!!

Well its just $500, you're acting like you just won the lottery haha. Though my friend also got some auto CLI's in the same time frame. 

You're not maxing the card are you? He was and they gave him 3 small CLI like yours to give him breathing room but he just gobbled them all up. 

Free money right? LOL

Strogen I'm not sure if you're very informed  on what I'm talking about here... Also, I did reference that IT WAS ONLY $500. Keep reading through the posts and forums and you'll become more empowered with knowledge.

Im quite informed and have been a member on other accounts here. Its cool that you got the increase, just wondering if you were maxing the card as this kind of behavior from Discover is not typical. 

Also, you might wanna turn off the bold. :smileylol:

And why in the world would I change my bold font HAHA Actually i prefer to type in BOLD CAPS HAHA

It's improper ettiquite and appears like you're shouting in your post.

Yea Nixon I'm with ya on the caps but I ain't changing the bold... Caps to me seems more like yelling but the bold just help to bring focus to the point I'm trying to get across.

I can live with this compromise. :smileyhappy:

| EX FICO : 690 / 12 INQ || EQ FICO : 659 / 2 INQ || TU FICO : 713 / 0 INQ || AAoA : 2 Years 6 Months | Updated: 01/24/15 |
Ind:

I live my life knowing you SHOULD NEVER leave the selling table with everything you asked for and your counterpart with none. NOBODY LIKES A BULLY. As I said, tonight you crossed the line. Not only did you said me A PM ULTIMATUM, (I will not disclose your messages as they are personal) but you took it a step further and decided to personally attack me further by changing the caps in my MYFICO handle. You left me absolutely no choice and forced me to conatact your supervisors. I wish you would have represented our community better and handled this with more class. You have been put on notice. I take ZERO joy in this, in fact I felt let down.
Message 23 of 33
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I have not, there's more than ample precedent on this forum and any others I'm familiar with and looking at the logs we've been overly tolerant - what you permit, you encourage.  You don't know me, but everything I do has a record, and as such I publish it.  For the record, and this is published in your user notes, your user name was changed to convince you to at least discuss the issue which you have absolutely neglected to do previously with either Lexie or myself.  I don't personally care about your username one way or the other, but the tactic worked.

To state it simply, your negotiating position is not strong; however, I will give you something out of the exchange:

1) Ending of the capitalized titles - non-negotiable

2) Ending of the all bolded posts - non-negotiable

3) We'll give you back the capitalization in your username.

Every community anywhere has a social contract or it falls apart: when someone acts against that contract, either the contract changes, or actions are taken to perserve the status quo.  Find me any online community where either 1 or 2 is even tolerated, or the equivalent in an offline community.

This is the best offer you're going to get; in general humanity tends to confuse restraint with inability, but it would be a mistake to assume that in this instance.

You're more than welcome to contact the FICO Administrators and they will review your case.

        
Message 24 of 33
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I was wondering about the bold thing. If it's to make a point, then every sentence always makes a point? I'm now outta here.

Signature needs updating
Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

I was wondering about the bold thing. If it's to make a point, then every sentence always makes a point? I'm now outta here.

Brings a whole new meaning to pontification, doesn't it? Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

I have not, there's more than ample precedent on this forum and any others I'm familiar with and looking at the logs we've been overly tolerant - what you permit, you encourage.  You don't know me, but everything I do has a record, and as such I publish it.  For the record, and this is published in your user notes, your user name was changed to convince you to at least discuss the issue which you have absolutely neglected to do previously with either Lexie or myself.  I don't personally care about your username one way or the other, but the tactic worked.

To state it simply, your negotiating position is not strong; however, I will give you something out of the exchange:

1) Ending of the capitalized titles - non-negotiable

2) Ending of the all bolded posts - non-negotiable

3) We'll give you back the capitalization in your username.

Every community anywhere has a social contract or it falls apart: when someone acts against that contract, either the contract changes, or actions are taken to perserve the status quo.  Find me any online community where either 1 or 2 is even tolerated, or the equivalent in an offline community.

This is the best offer you're going to get; in general humanity tends to confuse restraint with inability, but it would be a mistake to assume that in this instance.

You're more than welcome to contact the FICO Administrators and they will review your case.

Revelate, I am not nor have I ever been an individual who wishes to engage in conflict. I am always open to others opinions or suggestions, however, you have again failed to show an ounce of willings to move forward, hence your aggresivness. I have have shown clear points of which I show my ability to do so by my previous proofs of post from fellow MYFICO members. You have clearly taken a personal stance on this matter. This bewilders me as I find the DNA of MYFICO to be purely the furtherment of one's KNOWLEDGE and the hopeful passing of that KNOWLEDGE. I was hoping you would take a broader realization of my intentions. You failed to do so and AGAIN for what seems to be the fouth time (by my count)  you are trying dictate my actions within the MYFICO community. You yourself ADMIT that you took a personal measure and changed my handle without my permission and have also denied the angry and threatening (all done without caps) PM's you've sent me. Why are we even having this conversation within the community? Why would you bother taking another personal snipe at me of which is onely open to opinion? I feel like you can't resist speaking to me without holding on to atleast one shred of feeling of power. 

You and I both "signed" a contract upon opening our MYFICO accts. Nowhere in my contract did it state or show any proof to ground the "rules" you're saying I'm breaking. I have read it top to bottom. The contract is not open to loose interpretation. I really wish you would have been more forthcoming. I will continue with your supervisors.

I wish you and yours an incredible credit journey.

Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Imperfectfuture, the bold has been changed by request from BOLD CAPS to just plain bold... I'm 110% ok with that. My bold is no different than your personal style of dress. I do the same as evvvvvverybody else and sometime use BOLD CAPS to illustrate my points. Sometimes I am SO PUMPED UP when I get a CLI and I just wanna share with the community the same as my community members do. I have never been aggressive, vulgar or demeaning. Infact I have been who I always am and that is a positive guy. Somebody who only wants to see others and myself succeed. I am open to change, however, at a point it comes down to how I'm personally treated..

RELEVATE got angry tonight and sent me a, what can easily be interpreted as angry, PM with an ultimatum and then took a further step not of personally changing my handle from caps to (what he/she personally deemed more fit) a combination of sorts. All without ever even considering that I pay cash out of my pocket for my services every month. There is no rule in my contract to state that I can't express myself through color or font. This is a dictatorship.

I have said I am open to opinion and have shown my willingness to hear out others and their ideas. I really hope to not have to take further measures. That would be a real stain in my day, however, I will not be bullied.

Message 28 of 33
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

Re: Possible to be approved for Discover with judgement?

They approved me in Nov. with a 4 yo (paid) judgement.  The judgement is only reporting on Equifax & that was the bureau that Discover pulled.

Depending on other factors, I'd say it's possible.

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 29 of 33
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.