cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to change ThankYou from Visa to MasterCard?

tag
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Re: Possible to change ThankYou from Visa to MasterCard?

Here is the disclosure verbatim for the Citi TY card.  Notably, as I suggested above, I think the only difference between the two is the bonus miles coupled with the convinience of NPSL--

To receive the Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card, you must meet our applicable criteria bearing on creditworthiness for the Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card. Otherwise, you may receive a Citi ThankYou® Card provided you meet our applicable criteria bearing on creditworthiness for the Citi ThankYou® Card. The Citi ThankYou® Card does not have as many benefits as the Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card. Your credit limit (Citi ThankYou® Card) or revolving credit limit (Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card) will be determined by your annual salary and wages, your other annual income and a review of your debt, including the debt listed on your credit report. You will be informed of the amount of your credit limit (Citi ThankYou® Card) or revolving credit limit (Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card) when you receive your card. If you're applying for a Visa, some limits may be as low as $500. Please note that cash advances may be limited to a portion of your credit limit (Citi ThankYou® Card) or revolving credit limit (Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card).

Message 11 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@JAY305 wrote:

Here is the disclosure verbatim for the Citi TY card.  Notably, as I suggested above, I think the only difference between the two is the bonus miles coupled with the convinience of NPSL--

To receive the Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card, you must meet our applicable criteria bearing on creditworthiness for the Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card. Otherwise, you may receive a Citi ThankYou® Card provided you meet our applicable criteria bearing on creditworthiness for the Citi ThankYou® Card. The Citi ThankYou® Card does not have as many benefits as the Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card. Your credit limit (Citi ThankYou® Card) or revolving credit limit (Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card) will be determined by your annual salary and wages, your other annual income and a review of your debt, including the debt listed on your credit report. You will be informed of the amount of your credit limit (Citi ThankYou® Card) or revolving credit limit (Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card) when you receive your card. If you're applying for a Visa, some limits may be as low as $500. Please note that cash advances may be limited to a portion of your credit limit (Citi ThankYou® Card) or revolving credit limit (Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card).

This doesn't tell us if points are valued differently between the cards.   AFAIR, the old Forward had no indication of point valuation, just a nasty surprise once you logged in to the ThankYou site.   Anyone here have the plain Thank You card?

Message 12 of 13
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@JAY305 wrote:

This doesn't tell us if points are valued differently between the cards.   AFAIR, the old Forward had no indication of point valuation, just a nasty surprise once you logged in to the ThankYou site.   Anyone here have the plain Thank You card?

I can't say for sure.  But, I beleive the points are valued the same for both products.  From what I gathered from the CSR is one card has a hard credit limit and the other doesn't.  

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.