cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to downgrade from Amex Platinum to Amex Everyday?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possible to downgrade from Amex Platinum to Amex Everyday?

Hey everyone,

I was going to apply for the no annual fee Amex Everyday but realized that the platinum or PRG have much higher sign-up bonuses which is much more valuable. So, I was just wondering if it's possible for me to downgrade to the Everyday once the annual fee comes around?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Possible to downgrade from Amex Platinum to Amex Everyday?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone,

I was going to apply for the no annual fee Amex Everyday but realized that the platinum or PRG have much higher sign-up bonuses which is much more valuable. So, I was just wondering if it's possible for me to downgrade to the Everyday once the annual fee comes around?

Thanks!

not sure amex does charge-revolver, last time i checked last year you couldn't pc to everyday from any card maybe they changed their policy. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 8
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Unfortunately you can't PC a charge card to a revolver. Technically charge cards are easier to obtain because less risk is involved.

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccb2115 wrote:
Unfortunately you can't PC a charge card to a revolver. Technically charge cards are easier to obtain because less risk is involved.

+1

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not possible my friend you could downgrade to a PGR, GR or GC. 

Good luck 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it looks like the everyday preferred is the best option for MR points sign-up bonus if I eventually want to downgrade to a no annual fee version. Thanks everyone!

Message 6 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So it looks like the everyday preferred is the best option for MR points sign-up bonus if I eventually want to downgrade to a no annual fee version. Thanks everyone!

This you can do. As others said, charge to revolver is no go.

Message 7 of 8
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

well best option is probabyl going for revolver and charge with one HP, if you can get 50k prg or 100k plat  + ED/EDP that could be an nice combo to start with 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.