Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to force SP through pre-qual?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possible to force SP through pre-qual?

I was thinking about this earlier.  Say you already have a card through a creditor such as Discover, Amex, etc. that provides you with a FICO 08 score periodically.  Perhaps the score that they have for you is considerably lower due to something major changing on your report such as a final baddie falling off when you've pulled your scores and know they are quite a bit higher.  If you were to go to their pre-qual site and get a SP, would that SP then be tied to your current account... as in, would that be the newest data that they would consider with respect to your account... or, would that not matter until they SP you automatically for their next periodic update?  Hopefully that makes sense.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Possible to force SP through pre-qual?

I couldn't say for other lenders, but I tried this with Citi several months ago preparing for a CLI try on my DC. No dice...used the same score as my last SP. 

Message 2 of 5
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Most prequals don't do a SP at the time you check (for example I check amex prequal whenever I get bored and never get anything and never see a SP on my reports when I check them) so it is not going to get a fresh SP associated with your account
Message 3 of 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The answer is no, you will not be able to force a SP. It will happen when the creditor decides to do it.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha guys, I appreciate the responses.  Didn't know if anyone came up with a work-around for forcing a soft pull yet.  No big deal as it's usually less than a month anyway, generally speaking, before you'll get another SP automatically.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.