cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to get CLI on new Chase Freedom?

tag
Playdo

Possible to get CLI on new Chase Freedom?

Hey all!

A couple weeks ago I had applied for the Discover IT card and the Chase Freedom. I was instantly approved for Discover with a $9000 limit (YAY!). I received the 7-10 days message from Chase. I ended up getting a letter from their Fraud department and needed to call in to verify I am who I say I am. Smiley Happy

After the verification, the CSR processed my Chase application and it was approved. But only for $3000. The CSR was really struggling (I think she was new) so I just left it at that and ended the call. Pretty disappointed though, especially since Discover gave me $9000. However, since I applied for both the same day, the Discover limit was not on my report and it might have made a difference with the Chase limit if it had been.

Discover pulled EQ, which FICO was 719. MyFICO score for TU in January was 715. I have Experian's monitoring service, and my FAKO is 675 (been this score for over a year). But EX does show an inquiry from Chase.

Is it possible to get an immediate review and CLI with Chase? Or am I gonna be stuck with the $3000 limit for awhile?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
qtcbcute
Contributor

Re: Possible to get CLI on new Chase Freedom?

Nope, call Chase back and ask them to match your Discover CL. A few months back, I applied for Chase Freedom and was approved for $3000. The next day I decided to take my chances with Discover and was approved for $6000. I thought about it for about a day and called Chase back and asked that they match my Discover limit and they did. Warning.....it may result in another HP. You will never know until you try.

Starting Score: ?
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 11
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

You can ask them for a increase but they are going to require another hard pull

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 3 of 11
Playdo

Thanks for the information! I just got off the phone with them. I found out my APR is 22.99% (WHAT??). They would have to do a HP for a CLI and to review the APR. She said they pulled Equifax (although I also show a hard inquiry on Experian) but couldn't tell me the score. Discover said it was 719, and they were both applied for back-to-back.

But she said that I did not qualify for "elite pricing" and would receive a letter in the mail. I'll wait until I receive that letter to see what it says before calling them back.

I almost always PIF, so the APR is not a huge deal, more insulting than anything. But if I do have to charge something that will take more than a billing cycle to pay, it won't be on this card!

I was really looking forward to getting away from lower limit cards. Discover made my day, and Chase is raining on my parade. Smiley Sad

AngelG

Message 4 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I got a 22.99% apr too! Hoping that by the time the 15 mos 0% runs out, they'll wanna lower my apr;-) it'll surely be paid off by then too! Haha
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 11
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

I got 22.99 too! Southwest was only 14% apr

9/2013: Fico EQ 676, EXP 686, Fico TU 686.
NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 6 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I got a 22.9 % too...almost as bad as GE. Wait, it is!
Message 7 of 11
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I got 22.99% too and only a $1000 limit. You did way better than me.

Don't forget that you can setup zero interest for different categories, so if you want to carry a balance for gas (for instance), set it up online through Chase Blueprint. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 8 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ MovingForward- Really? How long can I set it for 0%?
Message 9 of 11
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I'm not sure. I would log in to the Chase Blueprint site to see what it says. Maybe someone else here knows but yes, you can setup 0% APR for a specific category, which is nice. :-) I just don't know how long you can set it up for.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.