cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to get a AU removed off reports? Without affecting the account?

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Possible to get a AU removed off reports? Without affecting the account?

Long story short my mom added me as an AU on her Venture that she got back in sept, without asking me (I buy groceries and such for her), and when she told me I just her remove me, so when the account reported a few days ago the AU account only reported on TU and EQ not EX, but would it be possible to have the AU account removed without affecting her account? I don't mind it much but I would like to have it removed if it wouldn't cause any problems for her. Thanks all!!

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Possible to get a AU removed off reports? Without affecting the account?

Hello willwar14,

It's no problem whatsoever for her to remove you as AU in the account.  She can call the number on the back of the card. 

I not 100% certain for Venture, butsometimes the creditor even allows the AU request their own removal. 

One thing to be aware of is that this removal might affect your own credit score, but not hers! 

Might I ask why you would like to be removed? 

Message 2 of 5
willwar14
Valued Contributor

She did remove me but the AU account reported anyways, it shows as terminated but I would still like to get it off, and the Capital One reps I ask about this are so clueless its really frustrating!!

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can contact whichever credit reporting bureau has this AU on your report, and ask that they delete the information.  They will delete it from your report because typically an AU has no responsibility for the bill.  Just let them know, you are no longer an AU and to remove it.  That will be no hassle at all ;-)

Oh and the original lendor/creditor often times have no clue because the only thing they do is report it to the credit bureau.  The credit bureau's responsibility is to remove erroneous information.  And in this case, this would be in error because you were only the AU, and this account was not a joint account.

That's one of the beauty's of AU versus Joint ^wink^.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi willwar14,

How did things turn out for you with the AU removal?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.