Reply
Regular Contributor
roxy382
Posts: 129
Registered: ‎01-09-2012
0

Possible to get approved for Chase Slate?

[ Edited ]

I think I want to try to get the Slate for the 15 months 0% on BTs. My original plan was to garden until June/July 2013 and then app right before my next round of student loans hit in August 2013. A little background... My husband was out of work (for medical reasons) for the first half of this year and we have acquired some balances from that and also have four kids birthdays coming up in November and then Chirstmas and another birthday in February. So my overall util is pretty high at ~68%. Balances -- Capital One and Citi are both about $100 under the limit. CareCredit is around 1600 (damn braces but all at 0% for at least the next 6-12 months) and amazon which is at 400 but will be paid off soon. walmart and maurices are both at 0. Chase pulls TU here I believe and that is at 640 (WalMart FICO) my AAoA is only ~18 months right now with oldest account turning 4 next month. I technically have 16 inqs on TU (3 are over a year 9 are from car shopping this past january 2 are from ccs in january and then two under six months one from cap one (thanks peggy) and one from discover both in july). Income is ~20k HHI is ~45k. I think thats about everything... I looked on who gave me credit and the info there was very contradicting so  let me have it guys... any chance at a decent CL for BT if I can even get approved.

 

PS--no baddies of any kind on my reports either.

In My Wallet: Amazon (5/2011) $2200 -- CareCredit (9/11) $4200 -- Capital One Green Cash Rewards (01/12) $3000 -- Citi Forward (1/12) $2500 -- Walmart Store Card (1/12) $1100 -- Maurices (8/12) $200

Starting Score: EX 567 9/13/2010
Current Score: EX(FAKO) 639 EQ(FAKO) 628 TU(FAKO) 662 11/13/2012
Goal Score: 750
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Possible to get approved for Chase Slate?


roxy382 wrote:

I think I want to try to get the Slate for the 15 months 0% on BTs. My original plan was to garden until June/July 2013 and then app right before my next round of student loans hit in August 2013. A little background... My husband was out of work (for medical reasons) for the first half of this year and we have acquired some balances from that and also have four kids birthdays coming up in November and then Chirstmas and another birthday in February. So my overall util is pretty high at ~68%. Balances -- Capital One and Citi are both about $100 under the limit. CareCredit is around 1600 (damn braces but all at 0% for at least the next 6-12 months) and amazon which is at 400 but will be paid off soon. walmart and maurices are both at 0. Chase pulls TU here I believe and that is at 640 (WalMart FICO) my AAoA is only ~18 months right now with oldest account turning 4 next month. I technically have 16 inqs on TU (3 are over a year 9 are from car shopping this past january 2 are from ccs in january and then two under six months one from cap one (thanks peggy) and one from discover both in july). Income is ~20k HHI is ~45k. I think thats about everything... I looked on who gave me credit and the info there was very contradicting so  let me have it guys... any chance at a decent CL for BT if I can even get approved.

 

PS--no baddies of any kind on my reports either.


640 is a relatively low FICO score for Chase. I would wait and try to get your score up. The easiest way to get that score up is to lower your overall util. down to about 10%. I know thats the goal of getting the slate but you may have to tough it out and SD your cards and make payments on them.

 

Other than that, you may want to look at Barclays rewards MC. They offer BT's 0% for 15 months but a 3% fee.

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Regular Contributor
roxy382
Posts: 129
Registered: ‎01-09-2012
0

Re: Possible to get approved for Chase Slate?


LS2982 wrote:

640 is a relatively low FICO score for Chase. I would wait and try to get your score up. The easiest way to get that score up is to lower your overall util. down to about 10%. I know thats the goal of getting the slate but you may have to tough it out and SD your cards and make payments on them.

 

Other than that, you may want to look at Barclays rewards MC. They offer BT's 0% for 15 months but a 3% fee.

 


The other cards are safe in a lock box in the SD the only thing being charged to them is 4.95/month on one for citi identity mointering and 7.99/month on a different one for netflix... we just don't have a lot of extra right now to aggressively pay down the balances and I'm okay with waiting I had just thought i had heard that the UW on this card was pretty lax... is barclay's UW easier then the Slates?

In My Wallet: Amazon (5/2011) $2200 -- CareCredit (9/11) $4200 -- Capital One Green Cash Rewards (01/12) $3000 -- Citi Forward (1/12) $2500 -- Walmart Store Card (1/12) $1100 -- Maurices (8/12) $200

Starting Score: EX 567 9/13/2010
Current Score: EX(FAKO) 639 EQ(FAKO) 628 TU(FAKO) 662 11/13/2012
Goal Score: 750
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Possible to get approved for Chase Slate?


roxy382 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

640 is a relatively low FICO score for Chase. I would wait and try to get your score up. The easiest way to get that score up is to lower your overall util. down to about 10%. I know thats the goal of getting the slate but you may have to tough it out and SD your cards and make payments on them.

 

Other than that, you may want to look at Barclays rewards MC. They offer BT's 0% for 15 months but a 3% fee.

 


The other cards are safe in a lock box in the SD the only thing being charged to them is 4.95/month on one for citi identity mointering and 7.99/month on a different one for netflix... we just don't have a lot of extra right now to aggressively pay down the balances and I'm okay with waiting I had just thought i had heard that the UW on this card was pretty lax... is barclay's UW easier then the Slates?


Chase is still strict on recons. You have to ahave your ducks in a row with good explanations to get a successful recon. Barclays is alot easier. However, you'll need to get your util. down in the 30% range to have a good shot. They're INQ sensitive but are willing to overlook it if other factors on your file are looking good.

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
Epcot
Posts: 2,784
Registered: ‎10-10-2012
0

Re: Possible to get approved for Chase Slate?

That's a tough call. I applied for the slate card in 2007, also with high utillization and a score in the high 600's. I got approved, however my credit limit didn't even hit four digits. It was pretty useless for a BT and my limit has never been increased. :smileysad:

That was before I knew about recons or this site.


Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 809 EX 774 TU 805
App free since 4/11/13
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Possible to get approved for Chase Slate?


Epcot wrote:

That's a tough call. I applied for the slate card in 2007, also with high utillization and a score in the high 600's. I got approved, however my credit limit didn't even hit four digits. It was pretty useless for a BT and my limit has never been increased. :smileysad:

That was before I knew about recons or this site.


Thats exactly why you don't app with Chase with high util., your bound to get a toy limit that doesn't help you.

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
MountainHiker
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

Re: Possible to get approved for Chase Slate?


Epcot wrote:

That's a tough call. I applied for the slate card in 2007, also with high utillization and a score in the high 600's. I got approved, however my credit limit didn't even hit four digits. It was pretty useless for a BT and my limit has never been increased. :smileysad:

That was before I knew about recons or this site.


I think had you kept your utl low and scores in the low 700's you would have high limits.Also high usage would work in your favor.I usually use and pay off y current card twice per month.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Valued Member
DailyDriver
Posts: 38
Registered: ‎09-12-2012
0

Re: Possible to get approved for Chase Slate?

[ Edited ]

I tried for the Chase Slate and was not approved.  Explanation on rejection was too high utility and accumulated balance too quickly.

 

My Credit Karma score was 660.  EX from Discover was 703.  Pulled from Annual Credit Report and no baddies.

 

Utilization was around 87% with two cards from Citi. 

 

I app'd for a Discover More (18 months, 0% apr, 3% fee), and was approved.  They pulled EX which was 703.

 

 

My utilization has since lowered to around 37% and I was approved for a Chase Freedom with a 3K limit.  Signed up for MyFico Scorewatch with Equifax at 743.  Credit Sesame is at 720 and Credit Karma is at 741.

Citi Forward $6K l Citi Dividend World Mastercard $7K l Discover More $12K l Chase Freedom $4K l Amex Hilton HHonors $5.3K l NFCU GoRewards Visa 12.5K l Barclay US Airways World Mastercard $8K
Valued Contributor
Epcot
Posts: 2,784
Registered: ‎10-10-2012
0

Re: Possible to get approved for Chase Slate?

Definitely agree. Learned my lesson. I am working on bringing down my utilization then looking at the Chase Disney card. I have learned so much from these forums the past year, although I recently became active in participating. :smileyhappy:


Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 809 EX 774 TU 805
App free since 4/11/13
Established Contributor
SwiftTone
Posts: 1,026
Registered: ‎02-27-2012
0

Re: Possible to get approved for Chase Slate?

Not to sound insensitive but sometimes a decision needs to be made so that kids won't get gifts for their birthday and Christmas. 

 

Other than what others have said, I applied last Nov with a utilization of like 80% and only got $300 CL on the Slate. Thats before I knew anything about this site and how credit works. iBut I also had bunch of baddies.

BCE: $0/$11,200, CSP: $0/$6500, Chase Priority Club: $0/$3500, Freedom: $0/$6000, Barclays NFL: $0/$7000 Discover: $0/$12,500, Citi Dividend: $0/$3500

EQ FICO - 728
TU FICO - 734
EX FICO(AMEX) - 712

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}