cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to get old card removed from credit history?

tag
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Possible to get old card removed from credit history?

Here's the Ph # for Amex's  Credit Bureau --- 1-800-874-2717

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 11 of 14
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

thank you for closing your Zync. My Zync has become more rare. Smiley Happy (don't close accounts in good standing and especially if no AF until first year is up)

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

Just got off the phone with the credit bureau department, where I was told that it is not possible to remove the card from my report.  It will stay on there for 7 years after the closing date.  It was not a usual Amex CS experience.  I was placed on hold for about five minutes to speak to someone, was not directed to a US call center, and the rep did not seem willing to look into possibilities to help me.  Granted, there may have been nothing that he could do, but my typical experience with Amex CS is that they will try all avenues to satisfy your request rather than instantly telling you no.  However, I realize this is an unusual request.

Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 13 of 14
CreditSnob

@ramblin_wreck08 wrote:

Just got off the phone with the credit bureau department, where I was told that it is not possible to remove the card from my report.  It will stay on there for 7 years after the closing date.  It was not a usual Amex CS experience.  I was placed on hold for about five minutes to speak to someone, was not directed to a US call center, and the rep did not seem willing to look into possibilities to help me.  Granted, there may have been nothing that he could do, but my typical experience with Amex CS is that they will try all avenues to satisfy your request rather than instantly telling you no.  However, I realize this is an unusual request.

People ask for that all the time, it is not an unusual request, just a wrong one, as the account is legitimate.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.