Kreeker

Possible to join NFCU? (Deceased Father honorably discharged from Navy)

[ Edited ]

I'm looking  to get my first credit card, and I was recommended to apply for a NFCU card. Am I eligible if my Dad was honorably discharged from the Navy, and I don't think he was ever a member of NFCU? Would it be illegal for me to request an access number using my Dad's info? and then use it to apply?

I know I could call and ask, but I want to wait till I am removed as an AU from one my Mom's cards with 100% CL on it.

Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

Re: Possible to join NFCU? (Deceased Father honorably discharged from Navy)

He retire from the Navy or do 4-6-8 years then ETS out?

I would call them and ask.  They WANT to accept you and they will try.  They tried to get me under some clause, but it just couldn't be.

Kreeker

He was inducted in Oct. 1965 and honarably disharged from the Navy in July 1966 for Seizures unfortunately. I think he was embarrased so he never really spoke about any of this.

Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

I remember them asking me if I was medically discharged, which may be a way in for you. 

Then again, they may have required him to be a member first.

Regular Contributor
cableguy123

He would had needed to retired from the navy drawing a retirement check. They wont accept you if he just was honorably discharged hope this helps!
Mega Contributor
LS2982

cableguy123 wrote:
He would had needed to retired from the navy drawing a retirement check. They wont accept you if he just was honorably discharged hope this helps!

I dont get how NFCU works. If he was in the Navy, thats exactly what it is, he served his country. Period.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

LS2982 wrote:

cableguy123 wrote:

I dont get how NFCU works. If he was in the Navy, thats exactly what it is, he served his country. Period.

You're right, but they don't just take "Prior Service Members" only those actively in full-time or p/t, retired, or friends/family, etc...

Crazy, I know, but I respect it. I wish USAA went back to that.

Regular Contributor
cableguy123

Only way i was able to join was my grandpa was in the army for 20+ but if i was the op i would call them its free!
Mega Contributor
LS2982

Repo-ed wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

cableguy123 wrote:

You're right, but they don't just take "Prior Service Members" only those actively in full-time or p/t, retired, or friends/family, etc...

Eh.....so what you did in the past meaning nothing?? Thats just wrong.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

LS2982 wrote:

Repo-ed wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

cableguy123 wrote:

Eh.....so what you did in the past meaning nothing?? Thats just wrong.

Essentially, yes.  But I got into USAA when I was Active-Army, when they had the same requirements as NFCU now.  Now USAA is just a regular bank, for all intensive purposes.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+