Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to obtain a personal loan?

tag
mesoc
Established Member

Possible to obtain a personal loan?

My Transunion FICO is at 608 as of 4/6/10, it should be updating today or tomorrow. I am assuming it'll go up to about 615-620. The reason my FICO is so low because my utilization on my credit cards is at 73%.

I would like to get a personal loan to pay off all my credit cards. The only collateral I have is a mobile home on rented land. I need about $4500 to pay my credit cards off completely. My interest rate on all of my cards are 23-30% except a couple. Do I have a chance at obtaining a personal loan at a lower interest rate <13% for 24/months? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I just want to avoid hard inqs unless I got a good chance at getting a personal loan.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Re: Possible to obtain a personal loan?

May want to look into Prosper or one of those other P2P lending websites. Another option is to check with a local CU as they are usually much easier to work with.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 2 of 4
mesoc
Established Member

Surprisingly, my TU jumped to 656. I'll check them out and see what I can find.

Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with the advice about talking to a CU. They can tell you what scores are needed for the best rates and also what other information they look at (income, job history, etc.) on a loan application.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.