cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to product change Amex Premier Rewards Gold to Amex Everyday?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Possible to product change Amex Premier Rewards Gold to Amex Everyday?

Last week got PRG, cold app'd for BCP got approved for BCP for 1k and it was one hard pull. Applied last week (Thursday to be exact) for EDP was flagged for too many apps too close. Called verified info, approved yesterday for 9500 on EDP.

I had charged and paid 1.3k on PRG and 500 on BCP
Message 11 of 14
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

Yup, in my understanding, two types of product changes are a no-go with AMEX.

(a) Revolver to charge and vice-versa

(b) MR points to cash-back and vice-versa. 

Our best bet for the second case is to apply for the other card and transfer CLI from the older card. Not sure if that's possible with the first case, i.e. between charge and revolvers. Especially with NPSLs.

Would the OP be able to apply for the ED / Approved and retain his member since date along with tranfer points from the PRG ?

Message 12 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@joedtx wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

Yup, in my understanding, two types of product changes are a no-go with AMEX.

(a) Revolver to charge and vice-versa

(b) MR points to cash-back and vice-versa. 

Our best bet for the second case is to apply for the other card and transfer CLI from the older card. Not sure if that's possible with the first case, i.e. between charge and revolvers. Especially with NPSLs.

Would the OP be able to apply for the ED / Approved and retain his member since date along with tranfer points from the PRG ?

If he is approved for the ED the member date printed on the card will be his 'old' date, but the date on the credit bureaus will be the actual date the card was opened, since Amex no longer backdates. 

There should be no problem transferring points to/from the PRG.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't want a HP and you know where you will most likely use the points you could also exchange them out to your preferred airline or hotel program before you close the card. Maybe not ideal but then if you don't value the points turning your BCE to an ED seems wrong for your too.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.