Contributor

Possible to still get AMEX Zync if you're a customer?

I love the look of the Zync card (I kinda think of it as the white Centurion haha).

Because the $25 yearly fee is relatively small, I consider it no different than getting a revolver with no AF.  Granted it is still $25 but well worth the purchase protection when you buy large ticket items on the card.  If I'm a current AMEX cardholder and call them, do you think it is possible for them to make an exception?

Moderator Emeritus

Re: Possible to still get AMEX Zync if you're a customer?

Kendro wrote:

I love the look of the Zync card (I kinda think of it as the white Centurion haha).

Because the $25 yearly fee is relatively small, I consider it no different than getting a revolver with no AF.  Granted it is still $25 but well worth the purchase protection when you buy large ticket items on the card.  If I'm a current AMEX cardholder and call them, do you think it is possible for them to make an exception?

Newp =/.

Cannot get it in any shape form or fashion regardless of your relationship with Amex; cannot apply new, and cannot PC to it. 

Starting Score: EQ 04 561, TU 98 567, EX 98 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 700, TU 04 731, EX 98 725 (05/24/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

Kendro wrote:

I agree in the look; I love the white! There is no way to get it anymore they have yanked it from anyone to apply. They will only issue a Zync card for replacement for current card members. Also I am not able to add additional card members to my Zync Card. 

But you can try and keep us posted Smiley Happy

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Zync has a rather loyal, cult following!  We're a bit fanatical about our Zync, and of course, that it's a cool looking card is an added bonus.

And unfortunately as the others have indicated, it's no longer available under ANY circumstances to obtain.  Those of us that have them will keep them as long as we can, hopefully not get PC'd to another product! 

Diners Club Premier MasterCard $50K / AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10.5K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 818 EQ = 823 TU = 822 as of 07/15
Super Contributor

Maybe if you had a cent you were pushing a ton through they might make an exception, otherwise, highly unlikely. I hope they eventually bring it back or replace it.... I want one.
;
Regular Contributor

The Zync is no longer available. Those of us who have it are fortunate. We can keep it as long as we want, unless Amex change their mind and PC every Zync cardholder.

I love my Zync. It's White. It's American Express. It's legendary.
Zync from American Express- NPSL
Amex BCE- $1,000
Discover IT- $1,500
Bank of America 1-2-3 Rewards-$1,000
Chase Freedom- $500
Capital One- $500
Valued Contributor

GoldenloveNY wrote:
The Zync is no longer available. Those of us who have it are fortunate. We can keep it as long as we want, unless Amex change their mind and PC every Zync cardholder.

Amazing, isn't it, how a rather basic no-frills card has such a cult following and become "legendary"!  That legend will continue to grow, the "white" will be more desired than the "black", simply because it's unobtainable !

Diners Club Premier MasterCard $50K / AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10.5K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 818 EQ = 823 TU = 822 as of 07/15
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

thom02099 wrote:

GoldenloveNY wrote:

Amazing, isn't it, how a rather basic no-frills card has such a cult following and become "legendary"!  That legend will continue to grow, the "white" will be more desired than the "black", simply because it's unobtainable !

For most people the black is rather unobtainable, too!

Me for example Smiley Tongue

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $32,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Citi Forward (12/12) $14,600, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Thank You Premier (6/15) $6,800

Last App: June 27, 2015
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

thom02099 wrote:

GoldenloveNY wrote:

So let's see... we have the Gold, the Platinum, and now... the rarest of all metals -- Unobtanium! Smiley Wink

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Valued Contributor

You can get a picture if one tattooed on your bicep so you can flex your spending power.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.