Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly awesome time to app for the Prestige

tag
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Possibly awesome time to app for the Prestige

I am hoping that someone could check me on this, and tell me if this sounds about right.

There are some changes coming to the Prestige card mid October. The companion pass goes away, but the site says:

"If you became a Citi Prestige cardmember after October 18, 2013 you will have a year from the date you became a cardmember to call 1-877-288-CITI and book your ticket for travel completed by October 18, 2015."

So, if you app for the card before October, you will get a Companion Pass to use within a year. Let's assign a value of $400 to that (could be less, or a lot more since international travel is valid).

Next is the new airline credit, valid even on airfare, for $250. The site says:

"This statement credit is an annual benefit available for purchases appearing on your billing statements from December through the following December."

So, if you app and use the credit between mid-October (when it starts) and the beginning of December (when it reloads) you would get two.

Also, forum user heyarrnold (thanks BTW) told me that there is an offer for 60K TYP and $350 instead of $450 AF if you app in branch. So, to recap:

- Two airline credits for $250, total of $500

- One companion pass, $400

- 60K TYP (transferrable to partners, 1.6 cpp towards AA purchases, 1.3 cpp towards all other travel, let's call the value 1.5 cpp), $900

$1800 for $350 AF

This isn't including Admirals Club for Primary, Priority Pass for Primary AND AU, etc

Sounds like a pretty good deal, at least for the first year. Right?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Re: Possibly awesome time to app for the Prestige

Hi NewGuy,

Yes, sweet deal indeed! And AU's, prior to the changes, also receive their own  companion ticket Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Here is the offer BTW Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
H14
Contributor

Oh that's interesting, Is the 350$ AF permanent if done that way? 

And is there any evidence to suggest this in branch offer might be changing after october?

Message 4 of 11
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@H14 wrote:

And is there any evidence to suggest this in branch offer might be changing after october?

Yes, I have the $350 AF.

And it may very well be. The card apparently is changing design. The numbers will be on the back of the card like the CSP and Discover It. Therefore, they will be updating the posters and the offer I presume. 

Message 5 of 11
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@H14 wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. You can see above for the Premier it says AF 0 for first year, then $125, so if the Prestige was going up the second year, wouldn't they say so?

And I don't know to the second question. I know the card benefits are changing in October as I posted, but idk about the in branch offer.

Message 6 of 11
H14
Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

@H14 wrote:

Yes, I have the $350 AF.

And it may very well be. The card apparently is changing design. The numbers will be on the back of the card like the CSP and Discover It. Therefore, they will be updating the posters and the offer I presume. 

So assuming you fly once a year, using up the coming 250$ airline credit, the card is 100$ AF making it damned appealing. 

Message 7 of 11
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@H14 wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@H14 wrote:

Yes, I have the $350 AF.

So assuming you fly once a year, using up the coming 250$ airline credit, the card is 100$ AF making it damned appealing. 

That's correct!

Message 8 of 11
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@H14 wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@H14 wrote:

Yes, I have the $350 AF.

Sounds pretty appealing indeed. $100 for Admiral club access, Priority pass access, TYP system isn't as good as UR, but 1.6% to AA isn't horrible, and they at least now have a travel partner to each of the major alliances.

Message 9 of 11
H14
Contributor

I think I want this card more than the CSP now tbh. 

Hope they further expand on their TYP system though. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.