Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly interviewed by USA Today for my Amex probs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Possibly interviewed by USA Today for my Amex probs

Congratulations, Cheezy! We will look for your interview next month.

Message 11 of 25
oracles
Valued Contributor

WTG Cheezy

I will definitely watch

I hope you gave them an ear full

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update - USAT asked me if they can use my real name in an interview they're doing today with Amex. They are getting the "other side" of the story, and are going to ask for what reasons they are chasing people's balances.  Now a) I am sure they're going to say "credit reports" are the reason and since I think they're lying about some of the supposed bad marks they are touting; and b) I am wondering if they're going to close my account after the interview.  I just read a blog about a guy who rose a stink with the VP of Public Relations and his card was cancelled a few days later.

http://hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/001638.html#more

Soooo, if I have an outstanding balance, CAN they close my account?  If they did, would they demand all the $ immediately? I wish I had enough to pay them off but I don't.

Message 13 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Yes, they can close it.

No, technically they can't demand it right away, but they could charge it off PDQ, which sure wouldn't help matters.

There's another thread going on with a hair-raising post by ByrdMan:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=148256#M148256
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 25
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Soooo, if I have an outstanding balance, CAN they close my account? If they did, would they demand all the $ immediately? I wish I had enough to pay them off but I don't.

Technically, they can close your account for no reason at all. So yes, it's a distinct possiblilty. If they do close on you, no you don't have to pay it all back at once. You can keep paying on it as you are. But I'm sure you know it looks bad on your CR to have an account closed with a balance, so the sooner you pay it off the better.

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I wrote to my contact at USAT and asked that (if not too late) they do not use my name. I am not in any position to have my account closed and feel that AMEX is playing so many games, that I don't trust they wouldn't black ball me and make my situation worse.

Message 16 of 25
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

Do the Interview let them know how these banks mess with our credit score Just because they can Justice Federal Credit Union Just did the same to me. Tomorrow morning I'm calling every member of congress and the FTC and let them know what these banks are doing how they are causing my score to go down for no reason they need to change the scoring method due to these banks failure not our failure! look how fast they report on you if you don't pay your bills and ruin your score and credit .

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree...!!

I just found out that if I don't want my name referenced to Amex, they have to remove me from the article. So I am going to just leave it alone - I want to be in this article if not for just the principle of the situation. 

I know I represent thousands of good paying customers who are being jacked by Amex so I let them know they can reference me all they want.  If they close my account for being a neener-neener, then I guess I'll have an even better follow up story for USAT.

Message 18 of 25
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

Hey, I just figured out that you have to insert www. after the backslashes to get to that article.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 19 of 25
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

You should go through with the interview anyway! At first I thought maybe it would be wiser to not let them use your name and story, but in reality, if you don't do the interview, Amex wins. Smiley Sad
Here we go again...
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.