Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly interviewed by USA Today for my Amex probs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Possibly interviewed by USA Today for my Amex probs

I'm sure USAT will want to hear if AMEX takes any action against you. Will make the basis of their NEXT interview.
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's just say that when the article goes to print - if I subsequently have my Amex close, or have any negative things happen, I will be taking this much farther. I've already got a consumer action group behind me.... and now I've made friends with a reporter at USAT  Smiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 25
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Keep up the good work Cheezy. Since it came down to "show your name or no article" I'm glad you chose to go ahead with the article. The truth really needs to be known. I just want you to know I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that no AA comes against you.
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well shoot, I got an email yesterday that due to my name use paranoia they chose to leave me out of the article. It came out today.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditnews&thread.id=4090

There are a few things I mentioned in my interview that are in the article but not as quotes.

I cry bee ess on this: 

"It's tough to connect any one action (by the lender) to consumers' credit score," says Scott Talbott, senior vice president of government affairs for the Financial Services Roundtable, which represents large banks.

Tough to connect ? C'mon, I had great credit one day and got a CLD from Amex, and subsequently my fico tanked.  How hard is that to connect?? 

Message 24 of 25
lil_bo_peep
Valued Member

Thanks for the link Cheezy, sorry about them deciding not to use your interview,  I know you were looking forward to it. 

From what I understand, the banks need to take crash course in credit scoring, if they did they would see the error of their ways, I'm not saying it would do much good for the consumers but at least then they WOULD NOT be able to say they didn't understand the scoring model or how it affects the people.  I know we don't have all the answers here but with all of us working together to better understand it.... just maybe, we could teach them a thing or two!

little_bo

Just a little reminder.....sometimes these boards get a little confusing but we are all here to help each other not make things more difficult, you can only Do what's right for YOU, not what everyone else thinks is right for you! Love you guys!!! Smiley Wink
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.