Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post House Closing Spree

tag
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Post House Closing Spree

I closed on a house today and went on a spree:

BofA CLI from $1500 to $5000 (if it is HP, not showing up yet)

Discover CLI from $1000 to $5000 (HP)

USAA MC CLI from $4000 to $7000 (HP)

USAA Amex declined, said not eligible - maybe because I'm partial member? (if it is second HP, not showing up yet)

Lowes instant approval of $1500, reconned to $5000

Amex Gold in progress - could end up being declined because bankruptcy was filed 8 years ago this month but will update when I know anything

PenFed declined (this was my stupid onet, never should have apped)

Citi declined, tried reconning with a phone number I Googled - she immediately asked where I got number, I told her and she emphasized very strongly that they don't have a recon department but she looked over my app anyways - still declined for inquiries even though I told her the ones she mentioned were mortgage related - will try reconning with other phone numbers

Chase Saphire Preferred and Chase Ink (for business) and got 7-10 days response - I reconned the CSP and the paid federal tax lien I got withdrawal approval for but Equifax still has on report was showing as unpaid on his end.  It shows as paid on my end of report, with Equifax and with the county it was filed in so I may ask if I can fax that info to them on Monday.  He said that was the only thing holding me back.  If I can get CSP reconned, I'll recon Ink after - if I can get increase on Freedom with same pull, I'm going to try

Restoration Hardware (Commenity) and got 7-10 day response - I tried reconning but my app wasn't showing up in their system, will try tomorrow - I'm driving 3 hours to their closest store on Sunday, so I need to get this taken care of tomorrow 

So $15,500 in new credit obtained today with hopes of a little more within the next couple days.  Then, I'll be heading to the garden for a year.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Post House Closing Spree

Congrats on the house and the new cards!  WTG!!

Message 2 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You've been busy! Congrats on the house and the approvals. Idk if Chase will take your fax but its worth a try. More than likely, they will hp you to verify the updates cr.
Message 3 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congarts on the new home and cards.

Good luck on the pending and recons

All in all a good day thus far 

See you in the garden after today Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 7
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

I couldn't resist one more CLI attempt and I was scared to do it but happy with the results.  My Barclays USAir card had a limit of $5800.  I made a large purchase and some smaller ones the last couple of days, which brought me to about 80% of my utilization on this card.  I took a change at requesting a CLI online and requested $7500.  I was approved for $8300, which is my highest limit.  Getting closer to my goal of getting $10,000 + on a card.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 5 of 7
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

You are on a great roll OP!

Congrats on your new home, new cards, and increases!!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Barclays Sallie May $4000.  DCU $7500 (instant membership approval).  I'm not even drapping.  Will do some recons Monday but I'm not allowing additional pulls.  I'm done until November 1, 2014.  $30,100 between CLIs and new cards today.  I'm hitting the garden hard.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.