Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post app spree fear of AA?

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Post app spree fear of AA?

All you can do is garden and let the cards age. There's no point in worrying about it now because what's done is done. Keep utilization low and just try to forget about it for awhile. You'll more than likely be fine.
Message 11 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Post app spree fear of AA?

@csryang wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

Back when I had my major app spree in Sept 2015, I was worried about AA constantly, especially with Chase since I got 3 of their cards within one month. As time went on however, I started to worry less about it, I started to garden and I noticed after 6 months Chase would SP me less often, after one year passed, they rarely SP me. Gardening is a good tonic to keep the AA demons awaySmiley Wink

Thank you guys for all the comforting talk and experiences sharing.

Discover2016, did you finish the required spend for your 3 Chase cards all in 1 month or spread out in 3 months? I finished 4k for CSR in one month about 2 months ago. I am debating whether to finish 3k spend in 1 month for this Chase card vs spreading it in 3 months. If they are gonna AA me, maybe spending all in 1 month is better and PIF before statement? Or maybe the other way around is safer in general?

Maybe I shouldn't be worried about small things like this... it's only 3k difference after all...

I doubt if spending volume matters much if the spree was the cause for concern.   However, if there is a slight worry about AA, I would meet the spend within a month (and probably pay down as I go just in case that helps).   That's so that you can get the bonus, which Chase will let you cash out if they close.   If you take longer, that gives them more time to close the card (and make you miss the bonus).   But again, probably not much chance of AA anyway

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.