Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post chase app spree

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

Re: Post chase app spree

@09Lexie wrote:
Hopefully those new lines will replace what you lost with Chase. Which are you using to replace Ink?

I think we are just going to use the amex plum cards for awhile, I want NFCU to settle down a little bit and we may pick up their business card but never had a problem with our business amex, but they do like to FR sara every chance they get. I wonder if having an 800+ score makes them more willing to give you credit but they watch you way more closely then everyone else because you can do so much damage?

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 11 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@enharu is correct. Even though DW has a high CS, Chase still has to manage their risk. What is alarming is the lack of communication to you even if its a ' Im still working on it'.

Closing is your right and it appears the worse is over - I would say keep the Ink just because you haven't seemed to have found a replacement. As for the CSP, if there are still rewards keep it and I would definitely keep the untouched JPM Cards.

Just my .02.
Message 12 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I'm not sure why your wife is being looked at so hard by each lender. Is she the primary on Amex and Chase?
Message 13 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

From what you said your wife isn't running into issues with chase alone. Therefore its best to refrain from carrying any debt on any account with her name on it. It sounds the same thing is going to happen all over again if she starts dragging high balances on her new cards. You have a lot of CL on your own accounts anyhow, so it's not like you really need to use hers.

What were the reasons citi gave for the decline? Are you a citi banking customer?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 30
swpopham
Established Contributor

she was the primary on the ink and csp, after amex FR'd her last year I picked up the gold card just to screw with them (remember?) well it didnt work, I have not heard a peep out of them in 14 months, About 7 months ago I picked up the plum card, I dont need the ink and a 7800 credit line wont run one of my employee's for the month! so its not worth keeping just a bill to worry about at the end of the month. 

I think we are going to close the ink, then leave the csp with a 0 balance and I will keep the JPM card its a great hidden trade line forsure.

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 15 of 30
swpopham
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

What were the reasons citi gave for the decline? Are you a citi banking customer?

dunno just checked app status online..  And no we havent used citi in 10+years for banking

Message 16 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I would complain to the CFPB, BBB, and AG.
Also, maybe even report to the OFTS.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 30
swpopham
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I would complain to the CFPB, BBB, and AG.
Also, maybe even report to the OFTS.

Nah, Facebook and twitter are better 

Message 18 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

@young, what would the basis of the argument be? From what I have seen in this example all Chase has done is to is manage risk.

@swpopham, call citi apps status. They should be able to tell you over the phone.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 19 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

So, the accts they have targeted were your wife's and she is no longer employed. Correct?
If they knew it now or not seems to be an issue with her and debt. If you have multiple lenders reacting the same way I think its time to look at how your portfolio is being presented.

@young

I see no reason to complain. Banks may take AA at anytime. It is within their rights as a lender and within your rights as a consumer to move on. We talk about closing accounts all the time here. In this case, the lender took action based on their risk guidelines. As an experienced member of myFICO, I would think you would be aware that AR are done all the time.
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.