Did you mean: 

Post closing app spree

tag
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

Post closing app spree

Taking the advice of Lexie and Journey I set out to apply for 

Lowes

NFCU membership + nRewards + NavChek (if approved for nRewards)

Discover IT

and here are the results drum roll.....

Lowes - denied. Called recon said it was a flat deny from the automated system and they can't override. No details on why other than credit report related

NFCU account opened, nRewards: Approved $500. Waiting on results of nRewards before trying for NavChek

Discover IT - Approved $800, tried recon, said $800 was max they can approve, but call back in 3 months and ask again.

Since Lowes didn't work out I decided to give Wal-Mart a try

Wal-Mart - Approved $400, recon unsuccessful here also.

So over all I'm a bit disappointed the Lowes didn't work out but I went from a $400 sec CapOne to adding a $800 Disc IT and $400 Wal-mart. 

Now I'm in the garden til Apr when my BK falls off and hopefully be able to get an Amex (for backdating to early 90s) and/or Chase 

Thanks for all the advice and tips I've read on here!!! 

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Post closing app spree

@Genkeim wrote:

Taking the advice of Lexie and Journey I set out to apply for 

Lowes

NFCU membership + nRewards + NavChek (if approved for nRewards)

Discover IT

and here are the results drum roll.....

Lowes - denied. Called recon said it was a flat deny from the automated system and they can't override. No details on why other than credit report related

NFCU account opened, nRewards: 3-5 day wait. Received msg that decision will be in 1 business day. Waiting on results of nRewards before trying for NavChek

Discover IT - Approved $800, tried recon, said $800 was max they can approve, but call back in 3 months and ask again.

Since Lowes didn't work out I decided to give Wal-Mart a try

Wal-Mart - Approved $400, recon unsuccessful here also.

So over all I'm a bit disappointed the Lowes didn't work out but I went from a $400 sec CapOne to adding a $800 Disc IT and $400 Wal-mart. 

Now I'm in the garden til Apr when my BK falls off and hopefully be able to get an Amex (for backdating to early 90s) and/or Chase 

Thanks for all the advice and tips I've read on here!!! 

Congrats on your closing and approvals!  Not sure what happened with Lowes but at least Walmart will grow with you.  I'm pretty confident about NFCU, they tend to be forgiving for past derogs.  

By the way, my DH's Walmart started at $400 in March, using it 1x and not requesting a cli- it's not $850.  He refuses to call and ask for more Smiley Frustrated

Message 2 of 12
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

Soon as NFCU gives me an answer and I apply for NavChek or not I'll be over in the garden!

Thanks again for your advice!

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 3 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Genkeim wrote:

Soon as NFCU gives me an answer and I apply for NavChek or not I'll be over in the garden!

Thanks again for your advice!

You are welcome.  Congrats again on the new home  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 12
supervelous
Regular Contributor

I see a lot of people with NFCU on here.  Are you all, or know someone in the Navy?  Or is there a way around that?

Message 5 of 12
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

Just need a realitive in the military. My son is in the Army. There's a qualifing applet on their website.

Message 6 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@supervelous

Besides a direct military affiliation, employees of DOD are eligible. There is no backdoor for Navy.
Message 7 of 12
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Congrats on closing and your approvals! Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 8 of 12
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

Just received msg from NFCU, Approved for nRewards $500. Will be calling in to apply for NavChek later today!

Message 9 of 12
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

Talked GF into an app spree as well. She has a similar scores to mine, however she has a JCP $300 and Credit One $300 cards for over a year so has a longer history than I do.

Lowes: Approved $500

Discover IT: Approved $1000

Wal-Mart: Approved $500

She's done and in the garden now also Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.