Senior Contributor
score_building

Post your surprising app and CLI responses - Chase approval - Rewards Chasers product

[ Edited ]

surprising app response:  Upon HP, denied an 1800 CLI on Chase Amazon Visa for sufficient credit,

then approved for five figure CL Chase AARP :smileysurprised:

chasing rewards?  unlimited 5% on all purchases for 6 mnths.:  http://www.aarpcreditcard.com/Default

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Regular Contributor
JaseT

Re: Post your surprising app and CLI response - Chase approval - Rewards Chasers product

[ Edited ]

Even 5% CB on everything for 6 months isn't enough to tempt me to get into bed with Chase.

Starting Score 5/06/10: TU: 671 EQ: 633 EX: ???
Current Score 2/05/11: TU: 790 EQ: 782 EX: 745
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

PSECU Visa/PSL $20k - USAA Plat MC $11k - AMEX Premier Rewards Gold - AMEX Zync - Citi Diamond Preferred MC - Discover More $2.5k
Senior Contributor
score_building

Re: Post your surprising app and CLI response - Chase approval - Rewards Chasers product

[ Edited ]

JaseT wrote:

Even 5% CB on everything for 6 months isn't enough to tempt me to get into bed with Chase.

V. good point.

Not typically a rewards chaser here, so this is a test run to see how I like it, lol

+1000 on not trusting Chase as far as one can throw them.  They are about as shady as it gets of the majors IMO but figure if I keep them on a short leash- of course PIF and try to rack up some rewards the 1st 6 mos we *MAY* just get along, at least short-term... and wooing me with a generous starting CL is the language of luv :smileyvery-happy:

FICOS:
Valued Contributor
android01

JaseT wrote:

+1.  Me neither.  Ever.  

EQ FICO - EQ08 - 850 - 6/17/14
TU FICO - TU08 - 850 - 6/17/14
EX FICO - EX08 - 850 - 6/17/14
Senior Contributor
score_building

[ Edited ]

-

FICOS:
Senior Contributor
Walt_K

Approved for Amex PR Gold in October.  At time of app, EQ FICO was around 650 (may have been 648 but I can't remember exactly now).  I had late payments that were almost, but not quite, two years old.  Don't know if that qualifies, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I wouldn't have even applied except that I needed a card with a higher limit for business travel and Cap1 denied my CLI request. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
wmarat

score_building wrote:

Surprising app results anyone...? 

NFCU Visa, 5 figures CL, but not surprising.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Valued Contributor
wmarat

JaseT wrote:

U'r so right.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Senior Contributor
score_building

[ Edited ]

Nice one!  Sometimes it pays to submit a "reach" app. :smileytongue:

Walt_K wrote:

Approved for Amex PR Gold in October.  At time of app, EQ FICO was around 650 (may have been 648 but I can't remember exactly now).  I had late payments that were almost, but not quite, two years old.  Don't know if that qualifies, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I wouldn't have even applied except that I needed a card with a higher limit for business travel and Cap1 denied my CLI request. 

If anyone else is willing to share any surprising app results or f/b about the actual OP product, thanks! :smileyhappy:

FICOS:
Senior Contributor
score_building

[ Edited ]

Here's my most recent/ long shot app result.

Approved for Pen Fed Visa with 8 new accts in the past year :smileysurprised:  Wouldn't thought it possible (and don't advocate willy nilly app., they all serve a good purpose and were planned out well in advance as part of a building effort) but am of course over the moon with the result! (4 previous denials over 2+ yrs as a member)

Had thought build plan effectively excluded Pen Fed for a minimum of 12-24 months and possibly permanently due to number of TLs, am absolutely amazed and delighted having taken such a gamble.

Besides the new accts issue- clean report and reasonably strong stats overall (reported in Pen Fed survey thread) 

FICOS:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+