cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postal Carrier Busy Since All These Discover CLI's!

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Postal Carrier Busy Since All These Discover CLI's!

As we know, Discover has been handling out CLI's like water the last couple of months.  I was just wondering if those that have also been the recipients of the generous and constant CLI's are finding a big spike in postal mail from Discover?  In the last six to eight weeks or so, I have received a lot of mail from them - balance transfer promotions, CashBack Checking promo, savings account opportunities, more balance transfer promotions and so on.  

It seems like between the many CLI's and mailers, they are really trying to step things up or at least get their name out there more.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Postal Carrier Busy Since All These Discover CLI's!

I haven't gotten any mail but hey long as they keep handing out cash....I'm good with that Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only Discover mail I've received lately are increase denial letters from hitting the button before day 17 Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No mail here. Discover did not notice my CLI of a couple weeks ago. To think about it few of the card lenders send me snail mail notices except First National Bank Omaha.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm repurposing denial letters as copy paper

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was unaware of Discovers CLIs until this post. Proceeded to try it out and my CL went from $11400 -> $13900. A nice little jump. Got the card in December and have only had it 6 months too! Smiley LOL  The initial limit was something like $8700

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.