cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postman strikes again (not guy from myFICO)

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Postman strikes again (not guy from myFICO)

Damn you postman. Amex never sends me invites but low and behold, my condo association gets invite for gold rewards business card with 50k pts signup bonus. To make it even worse, my roommate gets his monthly USAA mailer in today as well (I'll not join them as second class member). Nothing for me personally in mail today. Garden is lonely.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Involus
Regular Contributor

Re: Postman strikes again (not guy from myFICO)

Still waiting for my acceptance letter for my BCE - expected it today but no luck. Monday it shall be here and hopefully my new shiny Amex by Sat. I never get pre-approvals either. I think I may be opted out though. Not sure.

My mom got an offer from Amex. PRG with 50k points after 1k spending in 3 mos. She ripped it up cause she didn't want a charge card - I told her she was dumb. Haha.
Message 2 of 11
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@CotySinz wrote:
Still waiting for my acceptance letter for my BCE - expected it today but no luck. Monday it shall be here and hopefully my new shiny Amex by Sat. I never get pre-approvals either. I think I may be opted out though. Not sure.

My mom got an offer from Amex. PRG with 50k points after 1k spending in 3 mos. She ripped it up cause she didn't want a charge card - I told her she was dumb. Haha.

Smiley Surprised PRG is nice. However, I am waiting next month to get BCE!

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 3 of 11
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

Guys relax I'm working on all your offers in the spirit of the holidays how about I throw in offers first premiere bank for everybody it's on the house

Message 4 of 11
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@mr_postman wrote:

Guys relax I'm working on all your offers in the spirit of the holidays how about I throw in offers first premiere bank for everybody it's on the house

Lmao......thank mr postman

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 11
Involus
Regular Contributor

I'll be eagerly awaiting my First Premier offer Mr Postman, very eagerly awaiting it....

Message 6 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@mr_postman wrote:

My shredder would be very ecstatic to receive your First Premier offer mr_postman.

Message 7 of 11
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, Mr Postman!  I love the sound my shredder made as it ate my Credit One pre-approval letter Smiley Happy  (oooh I could be approved for as much as... 1500!  wow!!!!)

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 8 of 11
djrez4
Established Contributor

I already got the First Premier offer.  Thanks for that!

I'm still waiting for UPS to deliver my HHonors card.  Amex keeps telling me they shipped it last Monday and that it should have arrived by Thursday.  I called in and they told me to wait until Saturday and call back.  I call back Sunday, they tell me they can't issue a new card until 10 days after the old one was issued.  At this point, I'm worried that someone snagged the UPS envelope from my front door while it was sitting there for untold hours one afternoon before I got home from the office.

So, not really worried about the postman.  I'm concerned about the guy in brown.

Message 9 of 11
YahComb
Established Contributor

i am waiting on something from that bank which must not be named.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.