Frequent Contributor
aamex

Re: Potential FR?

improvingmycredit wrote:

OP - I really don't think you have anything to worry about.  Sincerely.  :smileyhappy:    Enjoy the fruits of your labor.  You've got some great cards there.

Thanks, I love them. Every card is definitely doing its job. Thank you guys...this forum has helped me build and garden my little portfolio. :smileyhappy:

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Frequent Contributor
aamex

Ron1 wrote:

corymcd88 wrote:
What is FR?

You only get from Amex.

Ron.

Hey ron, if im not mistaken I thought Barclays does account reviews as well or do they just shut people down?

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
pizzadude

AMEX is the only company that I am aware of that does a FR where they request tax forms. Barclay doesn't, and like most other creditors when they decide to take AA they will just shut you down.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Frequent Contributor
ragcajun

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am a bit late to this but I would not worry about a FR!  I have been there and done that!  What triggered my FR was my credit line increases on three of their credit cards, I took them to $25K each.  Talk about shutting down my cards!  The only one that worked was my Green charge card.. all others were blocked.  I was under review for 2 or 3 weeks I don't remember it was a while ago.  They did not lower my credit lines and it was painless giving them the documents.   !

AMEX GOLD-No Pre-Set Limit, AMEX Blue-$25K, AMEX Clear-$25K, AMEX Optima Plat-$25K, Sam;s Club $10K, Cap One $6K, Citi Plat.-$11K, Discover More -$10K, Columbia Bank-$9K
Frequent Contributor
aamex

[ Edited ]

ragcajun wrote:

Hi,

I am a bit late to this but I would not worry about a FR!  I have been there and done that!  What triggered my FR was my credit line increases on three of their credit cards, I took them to $25K each.  Talk about shutting down my cards!  The only one that worked was my Green charge card.. all others were blocked.  I was under review for 2 or 3 weeks I don't remember it was a while ago.  They did not lower my credit lines and it was painless giving them the documents.   !

Lol, my stress just decreased a ton, especially for an amex review.. your level of risk for them exceeds mine by at least 60K.  AMEX GOLD-No Pre-Set Limit, AMEX Blue-$25K, AMEX Clear-$25K, AMEX Optima Plat-$25K < you had amex in the air for 75 Gs  + a charge card.. :smileysurprised: :smileysurprised:

For some reason when I posted this, my main concern was barclays..just because I've read they close your account when you open too many in the same year. I mean its not like I went on an app spree. But, I guess it doesn't bother them since I just PC'd over their card a few weeks ago.

Senior Contributor
Ron1

aamex wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

corymcd88 wrote:
What is FR?

You only get from Amex.

Ron.

Hey ron, if im not mistaken I thought Barclays does account reviews as well or do they just shut people down?

Barclays and BofA both do account reviews and they don't ask 4506T.  Both close or CLD people any time they want.

Ron.

Senior Contributor
Ron1

[ Edited ]

aamex,

Don' t worry about FR.  Just use your card like everyone. Don't overspend ob your card. I used to do that.  I've had the card since 09. They(Amex) haven't asked me for anything.  I never check my spending limit online.

Ron.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+