Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential FR?

tag
aamex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Potential FR?

@improvingmycredit wrote:

OP - I really don't think you have anything to worry about.  Sincerely.  Smiley Happy    Enjoy the fruits of your labor.  You've got some great cards there.

Thanks, I love them. Every card is definitely doing its job. Thank you guys...this forum has helped me build and garden my little portfolio. Smiley Happy

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 11 of 17
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:
What is FR?

You only get from Amex.

Ron.

Hey ron, if im not mistaken I thought Barclays does account reviews as well or do they just shut people down?

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 12 of 17
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

AMEX is the only company that I am aware of that does a FR where they request tax forms. Barclay doesn't, and like most other creditors when they decide to take AA they will just shut you down.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am a bit late to this but I would not worry about a FR!  I have been there and done that!  What triggered my FR was my credit line increases on three of their credit cards, I took them to $25K each.  Talk about shutting down my cards!  The only one that worked was my Green charge card.. all others were blocked.  I was under review for 2 or 3 weeks I don't remember it was a while ago.  They did not lower my credit lines and it was painless giving them the documents.   !

Message 14 of 17
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I am a bit late to this but I would not worry about a FR!  I have been there and done that!  What triggered my FR was my credit line increases on three of their credit cards, I took them to $25K each.  Talk about shutting down my cards!  The only one that worked was my Green charge card.. all others were blocked.  I was under review for 2 or 3 weeks I don't remember it was a while ago.  They did not lower my credit lines and it was painless giving them the documents.   !

Lol, my stress just decreased a ton, especially for an amex review.. your level of risk for them exceeds mine by at least 60K.  AMEX GOLD-No Pre-Set Limit, AMEX Blue-$25K, AMEX Clear-$25K, AMEX Optima Plat-$25K < you had amex in the air for 75 Gs  + a charge card.. Smiley Surprised Smiley Surprised

For some reason when I posted this, my main concern was barclays..just because I've read they close your account when you open too many in the same year. I mean its not like I went on an app spree. But, I guess it doesn't bother them since I just PC'd over their card a few weeks ago.

Message 15 of 17
Ron1
Super Contributor

@aamex wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:
What is FR?

You only get from Amex.

Ron.

Hey ron, if im not mistaken I thought Barclays does account reviews as well or do they just shut people down?

Barclays and BofA both do account reviews and they don't ask 4506T.  Both close or CLD people any time they want.

Ron.

Message 16 of 17
Ron1
Super Contributor

aamex,

Don' t worry about FR.  Just use your card like everyone. Don't overspend ob your card. I used to do that.  I've had the card since 09. They(Amex) haven't asked me for anything.  I never check my spending limit online.

Ron.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.