Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approval NPSL AMEX from First National Bank of Omaha

tag
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

Pre-Approval NPSL AMEX from First National Bank of Omaha

I just received an app in the mail for a NPSL AMEX from First National Bank of Omaha. What's this card about?

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Pre-Approval NPSL AMEX from First National Bank of Omaha

I believe this is a very conservative lender, maybe more so than AMEX. What is the AF and reward structure ?
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 7
jefftca925
Established Contributor

I just got my 3rd pre-approval for this same card in 2 months.  They're getting up there with Citi Smiley Very Happy 

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 3 of 7
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

american express as a credit card lender i would not consider conservative in comparison to such lenders as Simmons First, Iberia Bank, FNBO. even CapOne could be considered almost very conservative when it comes to their prime 5K+ no annual fee credit cards.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 4 of 7
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Bronx;

I can back PizzaDude's statement a bit on them being on the conservative side. The reason you got that offer is obviously because of your scores. They like the upper tier for their CC products.

My parents had at least a couple cards with them for years. Both went over 25k CLs and my father didn't like that (I think one hit the 50k+ area),  he ended up closing them because he couldn't stand to deal with a bank he considered to be too disorganized to meet his requests (to lower the limits I think on the cards, this was years ago btw through the 80 and 90s, possibly going back to the 70s).

They are NOT "confused" like Peggy, they are actually trying to do something for you LOL they can just seem at times to "shuffle paper" wrong.  Other than what he perceived as disorganized, Dad seemed to like the FNBO, he just had high standards I think and expected no mistakes or misunderstandings on a request (he was a military officer with a degree in accounting who owned more than one business, you get the idea). 

I always got the impression they probably just didn't take good CS notes.  Bichonmom sort of experienced this issue when dealing with them IIRC, but all turned out ok for her.  Other than that, they're a decent bank, I think they''re the largest privately held bank in the country, and actually one of the more ethical larger banks one can do business with IMHO.

As for the AMEX offer they sent you, I don't know much about it, I don't think my parents had that one or even if it was part of FNBO's product line back then (probably wasn't lol).  Only think I'd be rather sure of is that it won't back date to your other AMEX cards issued by AMEX.

If you have any questions about it, you could call them up and ask,  it might give you an idea if you want to do business with them. They list those cards on their site too.

Here's a link to their webpage with their cards: http://www.firstnational.com/001/html/en/personal/cardproducts/creditcards/credit_card_main.html

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 5 of 7
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Great info RyVision.

I get offers at least monthly alleging pre-approval for various Visa products. The rates are fantatic compared to the typical big bank offerings and there have been a few fee-free balance transfer offers like 0% for 2 years or 2.99% for the life of the transfer. Noting their uber conservative reputation and possible stinginess in terms of
credit lines has kept me from applying. Plus, I have no clue who they have been softing!
Message 6 of 7
tray
Valued Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

Bronx;

I can back PizzaDude's statement a bit on them being on the conservative side. The reason you got that offer is obviously because of your scores. They like the upper tier for their CC products.

My parents had at least a couple cards with them for years. Both went over 25k CLs and my father didn't like that (I think one hit the 50k+ area),  he ended up closing them because he couldn't stand to deal with a bank he considered to be too disorganized to meet his requests (to lower the limits I think on the cards, this was years ago btw through the 80 and 90s, possibly going back to the 70s).

They are NOT "confused" like Peggy, they are actually trying to do something for you LOL they can just seem at times to "shuffle paper" wrong.  Other than what he perceived as disorganized, Dad seemed to like the FNBO, he just had high standards I think and expected no mistakes or misunderstandings on a request (he was a military officer with a degree in accounting who owned more than one business, you get the idea). 

I always got the impression they probably just didn't take good CS notes.  Bichonmom sort of experienced this issue when dealing with them IIRC, but all turned out ok for her.  Other than that, they're a decent bank, I think they''re the largest privately held bank in the country, and actually one of the more ethical larger banks one can do business with IMHO.

As for the AMEX offer they sent you, I don't know much about it, I don't think my parents had that one or even if it was part of FNBO's product line back then (probably wasn't lol).  Only think I'd be rather sure of is that it won't back date to your other AMEX cards issued by AMEX.

If you have any questions about it, you could call them up and ask,  it might give you an idea if you want to do business with them. They list those cards on their site too.

Here's a link to their webpage with their cards: http://www.firstnational.com/001/html/en/personal/cardproducts/creditcards/credit_card_main.html

I do not think it has much to do with scores I recieved the same pre-approval in the mail for the same card and my scores are not highSmiley Surprised, I believe this bank is just doing mass mailings.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.