Regular Contributor
WishIKnewThen

Re: Pre-Approval Store Cards

Oh my, I just tried the best buy store card application - I didn't see the appearance of a preapproval or the plan A or B options, but I made sure that I was on the store card.  Had to call and verify some info and approved for $2200 cl???  I am in shock.  I too have a mid 600 score, guess it depends on who they pulled EQ is higher 600s though.  All I can is wow...total shock. 

Congrats to you OP on your approval.

New Contributor
rabdelr

Congratulations!

I was approved for the Plan B since my EQ was mid/low 600's at the time. Sounds like you got the Plan A with a better APR% and more generous CLI's. I just use the card to float my purchases for small items since they have great no interest for 3/6/18 months depending on the purchase amount.

Enjoy your new store card!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money"
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it." ~Bob Hope
Regular Contributor
WishIKnewThen

Good to know, with Father's Day approaching this card will be helpful with gift purchases - I need to call back and find out my statement closing date, etc - I want to take advantage of the increased credit but not do any damage to my util!!

New Contributor
rabdelr

Make sure to call the customer service number and verify your identity with them first. Their online application only tells you to bring in the card # and your valid drivers license to the store for purchases. I had to wait on the phone in store for 45 minutes activating and verifying information with the CSR. Very annoying! This will save you the hassel and you will only need your DOB and SSN# to make in store purchases.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money"
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it." ~Bob Hope

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}