Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approval Web Sites?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-Approval Web Sites?

Hi - Does anyone have any idea where I can find the message that contains the various pre-approval websites you might be considered for?

I hope this makes sense, but I could have sworn there was a message somewhere here that had all the links to various credit card companies that you could put in personal information and see if you got pre-approved for anything.

Thoughts?  In advance, thanks!

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: Pre-Approval Web Sites?

Hi Laced

Here is the thread with all the pre-approve websites

Solved! "Soft Pull Websites", How to find out if you will be approved for a card? [

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
oracles
Valued Contributor

Hi Laced

Here is the thread with all the pre-approve websites

Solved! "Soft Pull Websites", How to find out if you will be approved for a card? [

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome - that's exactly what I was looking for!!  Thank you so much!!
Message 3 of 19
oracles
Valued Contributor

You are definitely welcome and keep us updated
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I decided to go with a Capitol One offer through the pre-approved sites.  It said I got approved, but for how much, I don't know.  I've been sitting on the same Cap One card for a few years now with a CL of $800.  Hopefully this one will be more and it will work out better since the APR is a lot cheaper.  We'll see though . . .

Message 5 of 19
oracles
Valued Contributor

Remember  Laced pre-approve does not mean a guarantee.

Good luck and keep us updated

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should have clarified - I definitely got approved for a credit card . . . stuff will be mailed in 7 - 10 days.  I just don't know what the CL is.
Message 7 of 19
oracles
Valued Contributor

Very nice laced, congrats

You should call them and ask.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I decided to go with a Capitol One offer through the pre-approved sites.  It said I got approved, but for how much, I don't know.  I've been sitting on the same Cap One card for a few years now with a CL of $800.  Hopefully this one will be more and it will work out better since the APR is a lot cheaper.  We'll see though . . .

The one you're getting NOW might be a Credit Steps card. If you're thinking of combining cards with Cap One, bear in mind what I read in another thread: If you combine cards, you'll lose the Credit Steps ("guaranteed" CLIs every so many months of good behavior).

DH has one -- a Credit Steps at $1500 (originally $1K, but we went overlimit once, so it didn't get the CLI until the 6th statement) and a new one (dunno if it's CS yet) for $1500. We originally thought to combine them to be $3K, but then read where another poster said that combining kills the CS. No thanks. :/

Just something to consider!

Congrats on the new card!! Yay!! Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think it's a Credit Steps card . . . I already have one of those and trust me, even though I pay on time, the credit barely has raised (started at $300 and is up to $800 over a two year period).  I figure my scores aren't that bad so that's why I applied for a new one and hopefully the CL will be better so that I don't have to wait aeons before having a nice CL with them.  I have a coupl eof other cards with $3,000 CL's, but ideally, I want one with a larger CL so I have a nice mix.

This is one where it's 0% APR until August and then a 10% APR  . . . still high, but decent when you compare it to the Capital One I have now which is about 22% APR.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.