Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approval for NFCU Platinum

tag
CreditMENA
New Contributor

Pre-Approval for NFCU Platinum

Evening all,

I received an email from NFCU for a preapproval for the Platinum card. Normally I'd ignore it but seeing the offer for 0% APR for 12 months and knowing the limits they give out kind of caught my attention. Should I go for it? I do my checking/direct deposit through them and have a car loan with them...my everyday card is a CSP with a $10,000 limit and my secondary is a Southwest Premier card with a $5,000 limit. I also have a Costco AMEX so this might be a nice addition to the portfolio. The CSP and SW INQs will fall off next month (apped for them both a year ago) so it could be good timing. My current credit score is 773 (I'm 23 - so a young-ish credit portfolio).

Anyways, should I like at a different NFCU card? Is the platinum the best one out there? Should I ignore it? Thank you!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Pre-Approval for NFCU Platinum

Message 2 of 15
CS800
Super Contributor

I would say the nCash Rewards card is the best when it comes to NFCU. Flagship if you travel.

Message 3 of 15
CreditMENA
New Contributor

Hmm...decisions decisions. I don't plan on putting a ton of spending through the card - I'm mainly getting this to improve my UTIL (not that it's an issue). I already get Visa Signature perks via the CSP and SW Premier (also pay the annual fees), so I'm probably going to rule out the Flagship because I don't want to pay another AF.

I like that the Platinum has the warranty built in to the card but randomly getting 1% would be nice as well...I think I'll go for the nCash Rewards for the heck of it.

Message 4 of 15
CS800
Super Contributor

@CreditMENA wrote:

Hmm...decisions decisions. I don't plan on putting a ton of spending through the card - I'm mainly getting this to improve my UTIL (not that it's an issue). I already get Visa Signature perks via the CSP and SW Premier (also pay the annual fees), so I'm probably going to rule out the Flagship because I don't want to pay another AF.

I like that the Platinum has the warranty built in to the card but randomly getting 1% would be nice as well...I think I'll go for the nCash Rewards for the heck of it.

I always say 'May as well earn some cash while spending' Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 15
CreditMENA
New Contributor

Hot damn...25,000k limit with a 6.4 APR%. Thank you NFCU!

Went with the cashRewards, btw Smiley Happy 

Message 6 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CreditMENA wrote:

Hot damn...25,000k limit with a 6.4 APR%. Thank you NFCU!

Went with the cashRewards, btw Smiley Happy 

6.4%? Navy doesn't offer such terms?

Message 7 of 15
CreditMENA
New Contributor

Weird - according to their CC matrix you'd be right, it says their min APR is 9.65%. I wish I took a screen shot of the offer rate...maybe I'm mistaken. It said something like a "prime plus rate of 6.4%". Could be misreading that. 

Message 8 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CreditMENA wrote:

Weird - according to their CC matrix you'd be right, it says their min APR is 9.65%. I wish I took a screen shot of the offer rate...maybe I'm mistaken. It said something like a "prime plus rate of 6.4%". Could be misreading that. 

prime plus 6.4 which I believe would put you at best rate they offer 9.65% prime last i knew was 3.24 or something close ot that.

Message 9 of 15
CreditMENA
New Contributor

Ah, well there we go. That explains it.

$25,000 should help the credit portfolio quite nicely Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.