New Contributor

Pre-Approval for NFCU Platinum

Evening all,

I received an email from NFCU for a preapproval for the Platinum card. Normally I'd ignore it but seeing the offer for 0% APR for 12 months and knowing the limits they give out kind of caught my attention. Should I go for it? I do my checking/direct deposit through them and have a car loan with them...my everyday card is a CSP with a $10,000 limit and my secondary is a Southwest Premier card with a $5,000 limit. I also have a Costco AMEX so this might be a nice addition to the portfolio. The CSP and SW INQs will fall off next month (apped for them both a year ago) so it could be good timing. My current credit score is 773 (I'm 23 - so a young-ish credit portfolio).

Anyways, should I like at a different NFCU card? Is the platinum the best one out there? Should I ignore it? Thank you!

NFCU nCash Rewards - $25,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $13,000
Chase Marriott Premier - $10,600
Chase Freedom Signature - $10,000
AMEX Costco - $6,000
USAA - Full Member

Credit Score: 776 (EQ 08/2014)

Re: Pre-Approval for NFCU Platinum

Super Contributor

I would say the nCash Rewards card is the best when it comes to NFCU. Flagship if you travel.

New Contributor

Hmm...decisions decisions. I don't plan on putting a ton of spending through the card - I'm mainly getting this to improve my UTIL (not that it's an issue). I already get Visa Signature perks via the CSP and SW Premier (also pay the annual fees), so I'm probably going to rule out the Flagship because I don't want to pay another AF.

I like that the Platinum has the warranty built in to the card but randomly getting 1% would be nice as well...I think I'll go for the nCash Rewards for the heck of it.

AMEX Costco - $6,000
USAA - Full Member

Super Contributor

CreditMENA wrote:

Hmm...decisions decisions. I don't plan on putting a ton of spending through the card - I'm mainly getting this to improve my UTIL (not that it's an issue). I already get Visa Signature perks via the CSP and SW Premier (also pay the annual fees), so I'm probably going to rule out the Flagship because I don't want to pay another AF.

I like that the Platinum has the warranty built in to the card but randomly getting 1% would be nice as well...I think I'll go for the nCash Rewards for the heck of it.

I always say 'May as well earn some cash while spending' :smileyhappy:

New Contributor

Hot damn...25,000k limit with a 6.4 APR%. Thank you NFCU!

Went with the cashRewards, btw :smileyhappy: 

AMEX Costco - $6,000
USAA - Full Member

Epic Contributor

CreditMENA wrote:

Hot damn...25,000k limit with a 6.4 APR%. Thank you NFCU!

Went with the cashRewards, btw :smileyhappy: 

6.4%? Navy doesn't offer such terms?

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
88 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
New Contributor

Weird - according to their CC matrix you'd be right, it says their min APR is 9.65%. I wish I took a screen shot of the offer rate...maybe I'm mistaken. It said something like a "prime plus rate of 6.4%". Could be misreading that. 

AMEX Costco - $6,000
USAA - Full Member

Epic Contributor

CreditMENA wrote:

Weird - according to their CC matrix you'd be right, it says their min APR is 9.65%. I wish I took a screen shot of the offer rate...maybe I'm mistaken. It said something like a "prime plus rate of 6.4%". Could be misreading that. 

prime plus 6.4 which I believe would put you at best rate they offer 9.65% prime last i knew was 3.24 or something close ot that.

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
88 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
New Contributor

Ah, well there we go. That explains it.

$25,000 should help the credit portfolio quite nicely :smileyhappy:

AMEX Costco - $6,000
USAA - Full Member

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.