Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approval staredown

tag
BootStraps
Established Contributor

Pre-Approval staredown

After reading the email from them, I logged in to my Penfed account and found a credit card preapproval; this is something that I haven't gotten from them before.

It has activated my need examine it to death so I have a few questions about other people's experiences.

1) How accurate are their pre-approvals?

2) Has anyone here been denied for their famous 'pyramiding' after getting a preapproval?

3) Is it a HP or SP when accepting their preapprovals? (yes, I know expect a hard pull. I'm asking for what folks have experienced)

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
RavenTKR
Established Member

Re: Pre-Approval staredown

I got the "Featured Member Offers" from Penfed on October 1, 2014. it included the Promise Visa, a mortgage offer and a share certificate.

The same offers appear in the "Other Offers" section and not in the Pre-Approvals.

Does this mean that these offers will be an SP or HP?

Message 2 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@BootStraps wrote:

After reading the email from them, I logged in to my Penfed account and found a credit card preapproval; this is something that I haven't gotten from them before.

It has activated my need examine it to death so I have a few questions about other people's experiences.

1) How accurate are their pre-approvals?

2) Has anyone here been denied for their famous 'pyramiding' after getting a preapproval?

3) Is it a HP or SP when accepting their preapprovals? (yes, I know expect a hard pull. I'm asking for what folks have experienced)

those are golden that I know of.

Message 3 of 23
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Where do the preapprovals pop up in Penfed?

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 4 of 23
BootStraps
Established Contributor

@CreditJim wrote:

Where do the preapprovals pop up in Penfed?

Below the "Transfer Funds" box on the right hand side. Immediately above the rotating "Other Offers" box under the "other offers" title.

If there are no preapproved offers, there will just be the rotating box under the 'other offers' title.

Message 5 of 23
Involver
Valued Contributor

The pre-approved offers will be a SP and they are gauranteed.

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll have to keep this in mind in case I ever get a pre-approval.

Message 7 of 23
BootStraps
Established Contributor

Hmmm... And the temptation grows...

Message 8 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

many dream of the penfed pre approval and you can't decide rather to take a basic approved card being offered!!! I die

Message 9 of 23
MzCharming
New Contributor

I agree... I am in the garden right this moment until I get my cards paid down ---> But living vicariously through everyone else's approvals. I find myself ready to scream at the CPU "Take the card!!!!"

Where I Started: TU: 492 EQ: 411 EX: 486
Where I Am: TU:550 EQ: 530, EX 557
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.