Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approvals with Soft Pulls

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-Approvals with Soft Pulls

Does anyone know of any companies that will grant CREDIT CARDS through PRE-APPROVALS online with only a SOFT PULL and not HARD?  I need to be conservative on those.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-Approvals with Soft Pulls

Crown Jewelers is the only one I know of.

http://www.crownjewelers.com/

Message Edited by Justn on 07-27-2008 08:27 PM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

jamesb40517 wrote:
Does anyone know of any companies that will grant CREDIT CARDS through PRE-APPROVALS online with only a SOFT PULL and not HARD?  I need to be conservative on those.

As Justn posted above, Crown Jewelers is the only CC you can get without a hard pull.

This thread was posted just a little over two hours before yours.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're in the rebuilding stage (under 720 or so), don't get hung up on hard pulls versus soft pulls. Don't go racking up hard pulls in large numbers, but if you have to have two, three, or even five or ten hard pulls to get a couple credit cards and get on the scoreboard, then do so. They wear off quickly.

The people who have to watch for hard pulls are the "In" crowd with no derogs and a score in the mid-700s or higher. They're in a very sensitive bucket, and even three or four hard pulls might hit them for 20 points.
Message 4 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

You can get Spiegels card with softpull.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:
You can get Spiegels card with softpull.

Do you have a link?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.