Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approvalsl - it feels good!

tag
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Pre-Approvalsl - it feels good!

After having my BofA and Fingerhut hit I have gotten several pre-approvals for Commenity backed cards.  It feels so good! Although I have only accepted one for Byrlane Home it is just nice having it!

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Pre-Approvalsl - it feels good!

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

After having my BofA and Fingerhut hit I have gotten several pre-approvals for Commenity backed cards.  It feels so good! Although I have only accepted one for Byrlane Home it is just nice having it!

Dont get too crazy with new accounts, you have 3 now. Best to hit the Garden and let them age nicely!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 10
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Good for you. Shouldn't take long before you start receiving pre approvals from prime lenders. Smiley Happy
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 3 of 10
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

Dont get too crazy with new accounts, you have 3 now. Best to hit the Garden and let them age nicely!

Absolutely! I completely agree, I love their products so I accepted.  I bought a comforter set from them years ago and it still looks new!  No more credit for me.  Had this not been a soft pull I wouldn't have even bothered but since it was I went for it and so happy I did because I do see actually using this card quite a bit.  Plus their clearance and sales are great haha. 

Message 4 of 10
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

A few questions if anyone knows, of course. Smiley Happy

Commenity reports to all three bureau's, correct?

How long does it take them to report?

If anyone has this card or a card from Commenity, how long does it normally take to receive the card?

Does it report as a revolving account?

Message 5 of 10
chnceit
Valued Contributor

It is nice knowing someone is watching you Smiley Wink

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 6 of 10
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Haha, slightly creepy as well Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

More pre approvals on the way and yes it feels niceSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 10
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

Commenity reports to all three bureau's, correct? Yes

How long does it take them to report? Mine seem to all report on the 1st of the month

If anyone has this card or a card from Commenity, how long does it normally take to receive the card? A little less than a week.

Does it report as a revolving account? Depends on the CRA...EQ and TU say Revolving but EX says charge....it doesn't really make a difference, though

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 9 of 10
scarzy
Regular Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

Commenity reports to all three bureau's, correct?

How long does it take them to report?

If anyone has this card or a card from Commenity, how long does it normally take to receive the card?

Does it report as a revolving account?

It took a week to get my card. Yup, it does report as revolving. After a month, they finally reporting the credit line!

Eventually, they will report on all three. As for me, it was Experian first. Hopefully soon it will pop up on the other two.

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.